No announcement yet.

UEFA Nations League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bale, Ramsey, Ampadu and Mepham all out for Wales in Dublin tomorrow night to add to the previous withdrawals. Could be another grim evening.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-10-2018, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
      My life has become much happier since I stopped watching MON's Ireland.
      Ken Early's take is good though:
      https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...cost-1.3663315

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        Bale, Ramsey, Ampadu and Mepham all out for Wales in Dublin tomorrow night to add to the previous withdrawals. Could be another grim evening.
        Given Giggs's famous no shows for friendlies, why did he risk Ramsey in the friendly against Spain. Ampadu is just bad luck. But Ramsey is notoriously glassy.

Comment

Ramsey is out for personal reasons not injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
            The NI-Denmark matchup was a bit of a damp squib
            Are you still mentally in Toronto hon?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              You know someone is struggling for anything to say about a match when they start including their whatsapp messages. I think we can't be far from point where an ireland game is so bad that he just copies and pastes an entire in game chat and we all go to jail. I was watching this match in the pub, because I don't have sky and my internet was dead, and I was so delighted when my neighbour came in, because otherwise I would have had to watch the match.

The republic of Ireland, the Team for the smartphone generation.
              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 15-10-2018, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                You know someone is struggling for anything to say about a match when they start including their whatsapp messages. I think we can't be far from point where an ireland game is so bad that he just copies and pastes an entire in game chat and we all go to jail. I was watching this match in the pub, because I came in and I was so delighted when my neighbour came in, because otherwise I would have had to watch the match.

The republic of Ireland, the Team for the smartphone generation.
                As a result it reads like a podcast segment in article form; I'd say it adds a worthy new angle to the medium.

Comment

I keep my lad away from all that Premier League, Champions League and FIFA shite. He's been fed a rigorous diet of Championship Broth, prepared until recently by Head Chef McCarthy. A friend of ours recently had his son ditch Ipswich and switch allegiance to Tottenham. You can't give them a sniff of it.

Comment

Ramsey is out for personal reasons not injury.
                    Ah. That's going to be something sad, then.

I feel bad now for assuming he was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                      I keep my lad away from all that Premier League, Champions League and FIFA shite. He's been fed a rigorous diet of Championship Broth, prepared until recently by Head Chef McCarthy. A friend of ours recently had his son ditch Ipswich and switch allegiance to Tottenham. You can't give them a sniff of it.
                      My brother doesn't seem to see the peril my nephew is in. When we play kickabout in the back garden, he is always Manchester City, Chelsea, Germany or England. Never Shrewsbury. It bodes ill.

Comment

Please, what you people do with your lads in your back gardens is your own business.

Comment

Several kids probably reported their dads to social services for taking them to Ireland v Denmark

Comment

RAHEEM STERLING HAS SCORED A GOAL! Alert the Daily Mail.

Comment

A very good goal, too.

Comment

And what a goal it was

Comment

Do the refs really need their socks to contrast with Spain’s?

Comment

Spain don’t seem very good at the offside trap, do they?

Comment

This has to be one of the highest goals-to-possession-ratio ratios I've ever seen.

Comment

Or anything, at the moment. (to Ray)

Comment

Christ. How shit must Wales be?

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                            Christ. How shit must Wales be?
                                            Well, Spain have made eight changes from that game and I did think their starting line up looked a less daunting prospect than normal. That’s no excuse for this capitulation though and England are missing many players too.
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-10-2018, 19:44.

Comment

https://twitter.com/adamkeyworth/status/1001218545588502530?s=21

Comment

RAHEEM STERLING HAS SCORED A GOAL! Alert the Daily Mail.
                                                Two, no less. Surely worthy of The Telegraph.

Comment

Spain still win the group if they win in Croatia, but this result (so far) is about embarrassment and bragging rights in the dressing room. Spain can't win trophies defending like that, clearly, and it's a replay of their calamity v the Dutch to a degree.

Sterling, Kane and Rashford vindicated (and Southgate for not bowing to pressure).

Probably the best I have seen England play on the counter. Classic rope-a-dope.

Comment

Oops. Now we might be in trouble!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X