No announcement yet.

UEFA Nations League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, nobody seemed particularly eager to risk an injury for this prize.

Comment

Two of ESPN's "big" TV games were 0-0 draws (in Russia and Croatia); glad I missed both.

Both NI and Rep of Ireland in danger of relegation and tougher group draws.

Chance that Bosnia, Serbia and Kosovo could all make the play-offs. Bosnia could take Croatia's place in the top tier and subsequent bragging rights.

Finland and Serbia are probably the 3rd tier teams you'd want to avoid in the Euro Champs group draw; Kosovo, Macedonia and Georgia the 4th tier.
      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 12-10-2018, 22:11.

Comment

I watched the England game because I'm a terrible human being and deserve to be punished. One could build a fairly convincing argument for the atmosphere being more raucous than Old Trafford or the Emirates. A game played behind closed doors still featured twats chanting IN-GER-LUND, which was either coming from the two dozen fat middle aged blokes who'd wheezed up the hill behind the ground or from Steve Holland. Marcus Rashford missed two straightforward one-on-one chances and should never play again, Jadon Sancho was the second coming after doing half a step over and running quite fast. Spain have basically won the group already after playing two games.

Comment

I thought I'd read they were going to trial settling all matches in this with penalty shootouts but clearly must have imagined that.

Comment

Kein punkte fur Nordirland though firestarter Grigg hit the post late on. Baby Face-Painter should read up on handling backpasses

Comment

England were pretty good for about 10 minutes.

(That might have been a commercial break.)

Comment

So, it's almost 6am, and a local Czech v Slovak derby is about to take place. I will be your commentator for about 5 minutes, and then will stop, when I realise that I am watching it in Spanish. Not, actually watching in Spanish as my eyes know no borders!

This might be fun... without the commentating schtick.

Both teams look shitty.

Comment

The black Czech guy looks absolutely uncomfortable, after a thing has been made of racism. (Pick your own irony/sarcasm.)

Comment

I think Slovakia might win this. They seem to have... more players I am aware of.

Oh, and Vanilla Ice is on the right side of midfield for SVK. His mother will be so proud.

Comment

It is 'Czechia', now, isn't it? Google maps thinks so. And personally I massively prefer that name to the clunky "Czech Republic".

Comment

Comment

Well, that escalated quickly.

Comment

Just remembered that Naingolan plays for Chile.

Comment

Is Chile for Belgium some kind of Glaswegian non-rhyming slang?

Comment

Havent lived there for 34 years.

That was a really great cross.

*Oh, sorry. Always mixed up Naingollan and Hamsic. All these Mohicans look alike to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Is Chile for Belgium some kind of Glaswegian non-rhyming slang?
                                  Yes it is.

There will be no further questions.

Comment

It is really rather remarkable that I can watch Armenia-Gibraltar live from Yerevan with English language commentary.

Comment

Gibraltar record their first ever away win in a competitive match.

Comment

Gibraltar are already above San Marino in the rankings but had been 11 UEFA places below Armenia. Interesting to see how high they can go with what looks like (on paper) a fourth-tier club side at best.

Netherlands lead Germany, Cyprus lead Bulgaria
                                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-10-2018, 19:35.

Comment

That Gibraltar result is frankly unbelievable!

Comment

They seem to have roughly the same population as San Marino (just below 35,000), about 1% of Armenia's. OTOH Armenia is struggling with extreme levels of poverty.

From what I can see on brief Soccernet highlights, the game had a decent crowd, certainly more of an atmosphere than Cyprus v Slovenia the other week.

Comment

Tiebreakers are head to head so Germany's 3-0 loss in the Netherlands puts them in serious relegation danger, and possibly even being put in the second pot in the Euros draw, along with Italy perhaps. I can't remember if that happened to them after Euros 2000 and 2004.
                                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-10-2018, 20:47.

Comment

The NI-Denmark matchup was a bit of a damp squib.

Comment

My life has become much happier since I stopped watching MON's Ireland.

Comment

Hoots MON - Lord Cockingham Ups XI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoots_Mon

Comment

Working...
                                                    X