Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Yer Da owns a football club (thinly-veiled Glenn Tamplin Unappreciation thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamps is back from his “treatment for burnout”! Harry Wheeler’s back after getting the tin-tack from Maidstone! And Jamie O’Hara’s back a month after leaving too!

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpape...stant-manager/

Ricay are almost self-sufficient, says Glenn. The lols continue...

Comment

He actually said "self-sustainable", which I don't think is a thing.

Haven't they continued to jettison players and plummeted down the table in the last month or so?

Comment

Yeah, they beat us the week after Tamplin went into reha...err, quiet. They then lost a couple but have had a win and a draw in the last three games and are still in the play-off position due to this weird 6 team play-off thing that we have. I thought Dean Brennan was a good manager actually.

Comment

According to the NLP it seems that Tamplin has taken charge of the team again with Jamie O'Hara as assistant after manager Harry Wheeler was put on gardening leave after he stood his ground with regard to interference in team selection. Tamplin wanted more game time for certain players, including a certain 16 year old midfielder called Archie Tamplin.

Comment

Glenn Tamplin steps down as Billericay Town owner. No surprise there, the next step will be finding some unexpected debts.
            GLENN Tamplin has sensationally stepped down as owner of Billericay Town.

Comment

As per the Conference South thread last month

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Yes, the same absurd herbert. Expect him to sack the manager/appoint himself/sack himself/withdraw funding/put the club up for sale/leave Twitter/go back on Twitter/spend more money from dubious sources etc. every fortnight ad infinitum.
              I'll keep ticking them off through the season.

Comment

How exactly can you “step down” as owner without selling or closing the club?

And what are the odds that tomorrow’s story will be “Tamplin reinstates himself after being begged by grateful fans & staff after they grovelled on bended knees”?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                  Sorry I don't really care who Pennant signs for, but I am bothered about rich bored benefactors who build up a club unsustainably and then it all falls to shit when their investment has mysteriously disappeared. Gretna, Rushden and Diamonds, Wexford Youths, this kind of bollocks rarely ends well.
                  Well predicted in the case of one of Pennant's previous employers. Apart from the thing about Bury's former Chairman being rich.

Comment

So it appears that latest tantrum is at least partly due to a disagreement with the club's (now sacked) manager over Tamplin's 16 year old son being forced in to the side.

https://twitter.com/glenntamplin/status/1174643672534671360

There are stories that Tamplin's various financial scams/disasters (including the money spent on Billericay) are catching up with him.

Comment

So the thread title finally becomes relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                        So the thread title finally becomes relevant.
                        Was it ever not?

Comment

Seemed a bit tenuous. Not now tho

Comment

I wouldn't trust someone whose grammar was that inconsistent.

Comment

It's also been discovered that Tamplin has put his house up for sale.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/179...ouse-sale-10m/
                              Last edited by Paul S; 20-09-2019, 07:26.

Comment

He's gone! A statement on the Billericay Town website reads:

As previously advised we are pleased to confirm that the club has now been taken over by a local consortium of businessmen.

The new owners have a clear vision of bringing together the First Team, Ladies Teams and Billericay Town Colts along with creating an academy to ensure there is a pathway the whole way through the club.

We will be holding various meetings with staff and players and the Supporters Society in the coming days and will announce a Fans Forum shortly. Further announcements will be made in the coming days.

We have a great Community Club here and as always we call on all of you to come down and support the team in our FA Cup replay.

Billericay Town Football Club
                                Club Statement As previously advised we are pleased to confirm that the club has now been taken over by a local consortium of businessmen. The new owners have a clear vision of bringing together the First Team, Ladies Teams and Billericay Town Colts along with creating an academy to ensure there is a pathway the …

Comment

As I alluded to when I mentioned this news on the Midweek Matchgoing thread, it won't surprise me if the "local consortium" turns out to be Tamplin or his stooges.

Comment

Local consortium of Legitimate Businessmen no doubt. Import export top boys.

Comment

Glenn Tamplin, yesterday:

Comment

Audacious use of the phrase 'Community Club' there.

Comment

I could have made an off-colour "Care in the Community" joke here but I thought better of it, lest I get bashed by Snake's banhammer.

Comment

Maybe he’s not skint yet, cos he fancies another bash. Chelmsford are in the reckoning. The lucky so & so’s. Do you think Ricay would let Tamps move the muriel 12 miles up the road?

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/18...get-back-game/

Comment

Oooh, dear. Chelmsford are odd. They seem like a good little club with a nice geeky bunch of supporters - you know, what you want out of a non-league football club. However, they have one of the worst grounds in Christendom with the pitch in a different county from the stand. They (and the 'city'*) seem like an outpost of ex-pat West Ham supporters who can't get tickets for the Olympic Stadium. They also have Rod Stringer as manager who is another one of those indentikit orange coloured blonde highlights Mockney speaking mouthy managers that litter the Conference South. In thinking about it, Stringer and Tamplin could be a dream team and I am surprised that the former hasn't already managed Billericay.

*Yes, I know, I don't really regard us as a city either.

Comment

He's popped up at Romford. Now that will be fascinating to watch. The original Romford lost their Brooklands ground in 1977 and finally went bust in 1978. They reformed in 1992 but still don't have a home ground to play at and are currently ground sharing with Brentwood. Is he really about to build Romford a new ground and start to propel them towards the league, because if so I can't think of a finer club to pick than one with no ground and no resources. Maybe it's a bit like Football Manager where you take a club from the bottom all the way to the top and then get bored and start again with a new club and do the same to them. Genuinely intrigued as to what happens next....and whether or not he has any money.

Romford press release:

Comment

"Maybe it's a bit like Football Manager where you take a club from the bottom all the way to the top and then get bored and start again with a new club and do the same to them."

He'd have to take a club "all the way to the top" first, not just pay well over the odds to go up one level.

Comment

So will Tamplin be taking over as manager?

https://www.romfordfc.com/news/press...2-2486014.html

As of Lunchtime Tuesday Romford FC have parted company with Manager Paul Martin, Mark Lord and the backroom team.
                                                    It was felt with the new investment coming into the club it was the right time for a fresh start.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X