Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Yer Da owns a football club (thinly-veiled Glenn Tamplin Unappreciation thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Yer Da owns a football club (thinly-veiled Glenn Tamplin Unappreciation thread)

Unless I am mistaken, I could only find one thread here that included the search word 'Tamplin', that being the epitome of Brexit in non-league that is Billericay Town's new owner/manager Glenn Tamplin, who is seemingly aiming to bankroll them a place in the Football League.

Only becoming aware of this guy when Billericay recently signed Jamie O'Hara from Banter FC, and also signing the absolute worst footballer ever to play for England, Paul Konchesky, then some awful pre-match male bonding session where he has the team sings a song by R Kelly (it says here) shouting "WE ARE BILLERICAY" in an utter cringe thing (you can find it on YouTube, but don't, it's the Fucking Last Thing), he has a social media presence on twitter which I was made aware of this morning when he reacted to the (inevitable) trolling that such self-made millionaires invite on twitter with the following delightful post where he calls out the haters as needed a mental health helpline, amongst other things:

What a charming guy.

I know little more about him, though have stumbled across an article on the Daily Mirror site (yes I know) where he talks about his £18m mansion.

We touched upon him here and he has certainly gone on since to be one of the more depressing aspects of current non-league football.

Comment

Billericay have also just got involved with slightly odd property developer Alan Bowers, who touted a bid to buy Orient a few weeks ago, not through anything so normal as press statements or non-disclosure agreements with the owner, but by using seven mouthy O's fans on Twitter as his unofficial conduit.

Comment

Just as many sharks in non league football. They just have smaller teeth.

Comment

And they keep them pearly white...

Comment

Option 5 on his Twitter post is clearly incorrect. If you're a Benefit Cheat, then calling the job centre really won't help. They're liable to tell you to stop.

Comment

https://twitter.com/glenntamplin/sta...80529619574784 - "I'm sooooo obsessed with Billericay I've had to get home and away day cars to go with our kits"

Thread also features: "I don't like to brag and just so you aware I come for fuck all and worked my bollox off"

Comment

In the immortal words of Viz in "Bono's Incredible Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea":

Ha ha! What a twat.

Comment

Have we covered his appearance in the club's (in his words) "murial" yet?

Comment

I've just done a bit of sick in my mouth.

Comment

It has also meant the demise of Billericay's main stand. The one that was a mere 30ft wide. Sadly gone, probably like the club as well in five years time. Another Rushden and Diamonds in the making.

Comment

Kings Of The Jungle.

Comment

So depressing. Apparently he tried to buy a number of other clubs first including Dagenham & Redbridge, Brentwood Town and Bishops Stortford before finally settling on Billericay. Brentwood Town would have been nice as the original club was destroyed by estate agents Bairstow Eves (or Bastards Thieves as they used to be known) and they would have been just the right size to be grown into a football league club.

Comment

Ha ha, Billericay lose their opening fixture 0-1 at home to potless Kingstonian managed by the guy Tamplin sacked in order to install himself.

Fantastic.
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-08-2017, 16:28.

Comment

Tamplins latest tweet:

Billericay home changing room for all my LIONS... kings of the Jungle ....
                              You'd better see the photograph to see what he's done to the changing room. Words fail me....

https://twitter.com/glenntamplin/sta...53707124690944

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                Ha ha, Billericay lose their opening fixture 0-1 at home to potless Kingstonian managed by the guy Tamplin sacked in order to install himself.

Fantastic.
                                Does this mean they're not doing very well?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                                  Tamplins latest tweet:

You'd better see the photograph to see what he's done to the changing room. Words fail me....

That looks like a kid's bedroom.
                                  I'm reminded of this.

Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 15-08-2017, 18:35. Reason: Tried to fix URL - still not showing

Comment

Nice summary of the situation at New Lodge, accompanied by an amusing match report from a Ks perspective, here...

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                      Does this mean they're not doing very well?
                                      What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                                        Tamplins latest tweet:

Thankfully the comments are generally of the what a twat variety.

Comment

Is this the team that signed Pennant as well? dont wish liquidation on even the worst of clubs, but I won't be sorry to see this shower disappear. Even worse than that Forrest Green cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                            Is this the team that signed Pennant as well? dont wish liquidation on even the worst of clubs, but I won't be sorry to see this shower disappear. Even worse than that Forrest Green cunt.
                                            Yep. Plus Konchesky and O'Hara.

Comment

Between Teresa Gorman and this vanity bollocks, not a town I'm in a hurry to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                I'm not angling for a scrap here, I'm just keen to see how the football world sees my team, but how would Bury signing Pennant last season seem to you?

Comment

Sorry I don't really care who Pennant signs for, but I am bothered about rich bored benefactors who build up a club unsustainably and then it all falls to shit when their investment has mysteriously disappeared. Gretna, Rushden and Diamonds, Wexford Youths, this kind of bollocks rarely ends well.
                                                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 15-08-2017, 23:28.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X