Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Yer Da owns a football club (thinly-veiled Glenn Tamplin Unappreciation thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep!

Comment

fackin 'ell. Fit and propah.

Comment

If anyone is in the Romford area, be on the lookout for a delivery of 20,000 cans of spray paint, 500 pairs of designer sunglasses and a metric fuckton of cocaine... erm, allegedly...

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/beautifulgame15/status/1195801177528647680?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Disappointingly it finished 3-2 to opponents Coggeshall who were 4th in the table at the start of play, so a fairly respectable result.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
              fackin 'ell. Fit and propah.
              I don't think the fit and proper person test applies at that level. It's a Football League rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Yep!

Woohoo, I got it in one!

Comment

There's video of him from the game yesterday circulating on Twitter. It's not edifying.

Comment

In which case you really should share it.

Comment

For all the people who can't use the box with a magnifying glass on Twitter

[URL]https://twitter.com/muzzy333/status/1195721920483930114[/URL]

Comment

What a div.

Thanks for that, I did actually search Romford and Tamplin and it didn't come up, maybe due to the lack of @, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          For all the people who can't use the box with a magnifying glass on Twitter

[URL]https://twitter.com/muzzy333/status/1195721920483930114[/URL]
                          I believe the word is "twonk".

Well, one of them, anyway.

Comment

If "twonk" was the first word that came to mind, then Toby is a considerably politer and better brought up young gentleman than I am. I'd have gone "coked-up cunt"

Comment

It wasn't, but I was tiptoeing through the field of libel laws.

Comment

Even by the ridiculous (to me) standards of libel in England and Wales, I don't think anyone is running an appreciable risk in saying that that clip is awfully reminiscent of behaviour virtually all of us have seen in pubs and clubs.

Comment

Agreed. However I would put absolutely nothing past Mr. Twonk and for that reason I thought I'd at least try to at least keep WSC out of his eyeline.

The bloke's a wanker alright, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    What a div.

Thanks for that, I did actually search Romford and Tamplin and it didn't come up, maybe due to the lack of @, I don't know.
                                    Happy to help.

There are a lot of replies and quotes of that tweet implying use of some kind of substance

Comment

Romford have made it into the Evening Standard today with an article about Glenn Tamplin and Romford. I've linked to the article but the key words in it are "ITV cameras will follow Tamplin over two years for a documentary". Oh dear.

Glenn Tamplin is unlike any character in football.  The former owner of Billericay Town earned a reputation for being an extrovert, splashing tens of thousands a week on former Premier League stars such as Paul Konchesky, Jermaine Pennant and Jamie O’Hara, and appointing himself manager at the non-League club. 

Comment

I don't know about you, but I've got a feeling that being made the subject of a TV documentary might make him a touch big-headed.

Comment

Winding up petitions to be held at the high court today:

ROLLS BUILDING
                                          COURT 1
                                          Before DEPUTY INSOLVENCY AND COMPANIES COURT JUDGE ADDY QC

Wednesday 4 December 2019
                                          Robed

At 10:30 AM

2. CR-2019-000810 MACCLESFIELD TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB,LIMITED
                                          24. CR-2019-005844 BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE)
                                          58. CR-2019-006939 BILLERICAY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Not before 11:00 AM

127. CR-2019-007096 THE SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Comment

Sol Campbell is linked to two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                              Sol Campbell is linked to two of them.
                                              That has been noted by all Southend fans. On the one hand I understand that players and management want to be paid, on the other Sol Campbell is a wealthy man who doesn't need the money. The sad thing is that Sol Campbell will get preferential treatment compared to a local butcher, baker or The St John's Ambulance. Quite how Macclesfield though they were going to pay Campbell £180,000 for six months work and 30 games in charge is another matter entirely.

Comment

This is Sol Campbell we're talking about; the man is completely detached from reality and simply doesn't care what effect this may have on the local communities (both Macclesfield and Southend). No wonder he wanted to go into politics.

Comment

If someone owed you £180,000 and repeatedly promised and failed to pay you and kept the business going anyway, would you walk away?

He helped keep them in the League against the odds as well.

Comment

I get your point, but any goodwill that Campbell has amongst the Macc fans would surely be eroded if he effectively condemns the club to death?

That and the fact that he is a very, very strange man.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X