No announcement yet.

Into the Lion's Den D2 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4–2 final. Aside from the first fifteen minutes it was a very even game.

Comment

Mick McCarthy has decided not to hang around to see out the season. Hurrah.

Comment

Are Millwall as "colourful" as ever?

Comment

Their fans or the players?

The team is no frills but tenacious and very well organised. They deserve to be where they are. Should, by chance, they get promoted most Prem teams will run rings around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
            Their fans or the players?

The team is no frills but tenacious and very well organised. They deserve to be where they are. Should, by chance, they get promoted most Prem teams will run rings around them.
            The fans, in terms of the whole "No-one likes us" schtick.

Comment

Oh yeah. I don't think that will ever change.

Comment

Rather Millwall than West Ham, any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                  Mick McCarthy has decided not to hang around to see out the season. Hurrah.
                  So either Town have lined up a new manager or Mick and Terry have lined up a new club, I suppose.

Comment

I get the impression he's just fed up with it all. Much like the fans.

Comment

How's about this Grealish volley to knock Cardiff down to third? Gorgeous strike.
                      https://twitter.com/SkyBetChamp/stat...637022211?s=19
                      https://twitter.com/SkyBetChamp/status/983809600637022211?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                        The fans, in terms of the whole "No-one likes us" schtick.
                        That is one of the great chants in football, completely made by the deadpan “...we don’t care” line. Who else has a deadpan football chant?

The Millwall fans who are cunts are really terrible cunts and those cunts have a particularly nasty racist edge but overall they are a great club who I have a real soft spot for.

Comment

Ruben Neves has just scored the goal of the season.

Derby losing 2-0 which brings them within reach of the chasing pack.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                            Ruben Neves has just scored the goal of the season.
                            Fucking hell.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/984158964798578688
                            Last edited by Snake Plissken; 11-04-2018, 20:08.

Comment

What's Portuguese for "pick that fucker out"?

Comment

Might as well post up the third of the quality volleys from this week's fixtures. I would put them Neves - Evans - Grealish

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...youll-ever-see

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                  What's Portuguese for "pick that fucker out"?
                                  I’d go for ‘Toma essa porra’.
                                  Last edited by cantagalo; 12-04-2018, 09:18.

Comment

Sung by our lads on Tuesday night - "Nigel Adkins is having a party, bring your Scrabble, and your shandy"

Still can't stand the fucker, like. Wish the players would stop making him look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                                      Might as well post up the third of the quality volleys from this week's fixtures. I would put them Neves - Evans - Grealish

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...youll-ever-see
                                      I'd go Evans, Grealish, Neves.

It's obviously very good, but the Neves goal really doesn't do it for me. I'm not convinced he doesn't miscontrol the ball initially and then he just gives it a thwack towards the goal. I'm not keen on its trajectory either - I like the ball to still be rising as it hits the net, not dropping in on the way down. The Evans goal is beautiful, he knows exactly what he's going to do and executes it perfectly. The ball's dropping from way up in the air and he side-foot volleys it right into the top corner. I think that takes more skill than Neves' goal. On a good day, 25-30 years ago, I reckon I could have scored a goal like Neves'. If I tried to do what Evans did, the ball would be going out for a throw-in on the halfway line, every time.
                                      Last edited by Hot Orange; 12-04-2018, 21:28.

Comment

Bollocks. Sorry Ray and Bored. Thought we had two points taken away from Colin's lot for a moment.

A lot of late and big goals going in. At Barnsley especially.

Comment

A thoroughly deserved point for Brentford to fuck up Fulham’s promotion push and silence their plastic clappers.

Appalling officiating. Watkins goal disallowed when a yard onside and then Johansen punched away a free kick in the wall with both hands above his head.

Comment

Barnsley's last three games are Forest (A, this Tuesday), Brentford (H), Derby (A)

Burton v Bolton next Saturday

Two Barnsley wins would put them safe, but failing that, they need Burton and Bolton to draw with each other then lose or draw their last ones.

As Billy has said upthread, Barnsley winning two out of three is extremely rare these days so I think they are realistically looking at the latter scenario of Burton and Bolton only gaining a max of two points each from their last 2 games.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 21-04-2018, 16:27.

Comment

Derby are shot Satchmo, good chance of 3 points at Pride Park.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, that's a get out of jail card if Derby are definitely out of the play-offs by then. Brentford are much tougher opposition.

Comment

Brentford, deservedly, beat us today. Old fashioned scrappy derby where the referee more-or-less put away his whistle after he started the match. Typical was R's back-up goalie Matt Ingram bringing down Watkins in the box and getting kicked in the head. He saved the subsequent penalty but went off with a concussion a few minutes later.

Comment

Worth pointing out that Sunderland are far worse now than the side that went down to the third tier in 1987:

1987: 48 points from 42 games then lost a play-off on away goals.

Today 34 points from 44.

Tougher road back I would think although 3rd tier is not very strong.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X