No announcement yet.

Into the Lion's Den D2 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good old Nottingham Forest, always liked them now they've equalised.

Comment

Obviously no complaints if it stays like this. Burton deserve to survive and neither us nor Bolton do.

Comment

Forest doing Cough jnr a favour.

Somehow Ipswich are beating 'Boro pushing Derby to 5th as it stands.

Comment

An undetected foul throw for the ages in Cardiff-Reading

Comment

Derby are the only top six side winning, in fact. Norwich four down at Sheffield Wednesday so will finish below Town for the first time since (I think) 2010.

Comment

Bolton get 2 in 2 minutes, to get them out of it at Burtons expense as it stands.

Comment

Drama! Bolton have scored two at the death and Burton are probably going down!

Edit: fast work Rev.

Comment

Defeat at Sunderland means Wolves finish on 99.

Comment

We get Burton comms on Radio Derby, so tend to get it before the online stuff.

Preston 2-1 up now.

Comment

All over for Burton. Shame.

Comment

Bamford goal

Comment

Right at the end of added time, Boro snatch the draw at Ipswich and get Villa as a result, so Derby have Fulham.

Comment

This is doing my blood pressure no good

Comment

Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!

Comment

Oh goody that means Fulham for Derby.

Comment

You're safe SP. And breathe.

Comment

Never mind all the promotion and relegation excitement, Atdhe Nuhiu has scored a hat trick.

Comment

Fooled me too (on the TV thread) but the replies to that tweet show it was actually taken from the right place, sadly!

Comment

The three clubs who have gone down are the ones who occupied the bottom 3 for longest (or so it seems). Apart from the obvious "not good enough", the results that sent Barnsley down were the home games v Bolton and Burton, from which they accrued just one point. These are relegation results by any criteria:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/barnsley/results
                                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-05-2018, 13:57.

Comment

How long have the second place finishers been getting a trophy and medals?! Assume this applies to all three EFL divisions (including 3rd place in the fourth division)?

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                            Never mind all the promotion and relegation excitement, Atdhe Nuhiu has scored a hat trick.
                                            A perfect hattrick no less - header, left foot, right foot

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                              How long have the second place finishers been getting a trophy and medals?! Assume this applies to all three EFL divisions (including 3rd place in the fourth division)?
                                              I don’t know but it corrects an anomaly where the winners and playoff winners got trophies and medals but the side finishing second did not.

Comment

That's true bit I think it's also a sponsors' gimmick, maybe from when Skybet took over in 2013-14.

OTOH the runners-up got a shield as far back as 2006 (warning: picture of a cunt): http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...39_622x449.jpg
                                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-05-2018, 15:14.

Comment

A fully deserved relegation for us today. Yet again, we just weren't good enough and Derby could have scored a lot more than they did.

The fact that we came within five minutes of staying up is a joke, as we should have been down weeks ago due to our lack of talent.

Really pleased that Burton came down too - Bolton charge £30+ so I wouldn't have bothered going there next season.

Now we'll have weeks of Mick McCarthy rumours as manager before he finally turns us down and we end up with someone we've not heard of before from abroad.

Comment

Sacking Morais seems premature. They are no worse than when he joined. Rather him than Prick McCarthy.
                                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-05-2018, 20:43.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X