Farke me! Summer manager moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwich take the Huddersfield route by poaching Dortmund's reserve coach. Daniel Farke is a certainty for the football lookalikes thread, I'm getting Jimmy Connors and Steven Seagal so far, but he's a bit of a Platini.

Garry Monk will be in demand, although I would have thought a spell in the Premier League with a half decent squad at Palace would appeal more than injecting some life into Boro or Sunderland.

Monk's not going to get another PL job right now, surely? Even if his Swansea record has been retrospectively burnished by the performance of all his replacements prior to Clements - he was sacked after losing nearly half his games.

Marco Silva has walked out on Hull, unsurprisingly - he'll be top of the wanted lists for PL clubs seeking a new boss I imagine.

Comment

Silva to Porto seemed like it was a done deal, not sure if those 2 premier league options are any better as a stepping stone.

Monk is blamed by many for the Swansea decline and as Harry points out doesn't have the greatest of records.

Coleman to Palace?

Comment

jwdd27 wrote: Norwich take the Huddersfield route by poaching Dortmund's reserve coach. Daniel Farke is a certainty for the football lookalikes thread, I'm getting Jimmy Connors and Steven Seagal so far, but he's a bit of a Platini.
        Yeah, I thought Jimmy Connors as well, albeit a bit more stubbly.

Definitely the Huddersfield approach what with us nicking Stuart Webber off the Terriers and adopting their structure. Webber is now our Sporting Director and Farke, who apparently was his top choice, is Head Coach. Nobody really knows much about him, but he seems to come with a good reputation.

Comment

"he seems to come with a good reputation"

and a name ripe with comic potential, as the thread title already established. So was he there under Klopp?

Klopp und Farke...

Comment

Nein. Farke replaced Wagner.

Comment

Can I copyright the obvious thread title for when he's sacked?

Comment

What? "Daniel Farke has been relieved of his duties as manager by Norwich City"? Why would you want to copyright that?

Comment

Heard a discussion about Silva going to Watford but clubs being a bit wary of him now that he has a relegation on his CV. I think that's a bit harsh really given the situation he was handed.

Comment

Ray Wilkins not impressed.

Why have Farke when you could have McLeish, Sherwood or Giggs? Jesus wept.

Comment

Harry Kewell is the new manager at Crawley Town. Maybe if Ryan Giggs were to lower his expectations and be prepared to get his hands dirty he might actually get his managerial career up and running instead of waiting for a plum job to land in his lap, the entitled twat.

Comment

cantagalo wrote: Can I copyright the obvious thread title for when he's sacked?
                        You can be sure he will be if he turns out to be a bit of a Jonah for them.

Comment

Watford confirm Silva as their new manager.

Comment

Palace have made a "seven figure offer" to Burnley for Sean Dyche.

Comment

Paul Lambert is set to depart and Nuno Espirto Santo set to take over.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/05/29/paul-lambert-set-to-officially-depart-wolves--with-nuno-espirito-sano-waiting-in-the-wings/

Comment

The rumors at the end of the Roma-Genoa game are that Spalletti will be going to Inter, which is very disappointing.

Comment

It is rather hard to stay at a club when the entire Curva chants that you are a "man of shit" for most of the last match of the season.

Roberto Mancini is the new manager of Zenit.

Comment

jeanmid wrote: Paul Lambert is set to depart and Nuno Espirto Santo set to take over.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/05/29/paul-lambert-set-to-officially-depart-wolves--with-nuno-espirito-sano-waiting-in-the-wings/
                                    When will teams learn about these Foreign Managers?

Comment

Paul Cook leaving Pompey for Wigan is looking likely; a couple of weeks after winning the League 2 title and claiming he'd only leave us for Liverpool. I know words mean nothing these days but it was an unnecessary thing to say.

The information emerging is that Cook has instigated the move and he and his backroom team have effectively downed tools since the end of the season. The club appear to be on the back foot, and there are concerns about retaining players and preparing for next season.

I'm reliably informed that Cook was already the highest paid manager in League 2 and received an increase for promotion that made him one of the better paid in League 1. But Wigan are offering him around £7k per week which we're unwilling - and possibly unable - to match.

Comment

Is anyone particularly surprised though? Cook used the same methods to quit Chesterfield and move to Portsmouth in the first place.

Wigan's a strange choice of destination though, that club has been a real managerial graveyard in recent years. Unless he is desperate to move back north or it's *cough* about the money.

Comment

Reports that Thomas Tuchel has left Dortmund.

Where could he be off to!

Comment

Well it won't be Arsenal

Comment

I hope they announced Wenger's new contract by flying a banner behind a plane over the Emirates.

Comment

Nocturnal Submission wrote: Reports that Thomas Tuchel has left Dortmund.

Where could he be off to!
                                                Haven't I seen him linked with a British club, perhaps on here?

Comment

He's been linked with just about every "big" club by the more fevered elements of their fan bases, but the Arsenal rumours were the strongest from what I've been reading. That said, his record of quickly falling out with management and taking his ball home is not their cup of tea.

Bayer Leverkusen, who have been underachieving for some time, are the early favourites in Germany.

In the meantime, Dortmund have already agreed terms with Lucien Favre, which is good news for BVB and bad news for OGC Nice

Comment

Working...
                                                  X