Half-time and it's 19-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half-time and it's 19-1

Horsham District Council have just voted 19-1 in favour of Horsham FC 's application for a new ground at the Hop Oast site.

Now we need them to do the right thing and vote in favour of the enabling development at the Holbrook Club.

Half-time and it's 19-1

The enabling development at the Holbrook has been approved. Three votes against and two abstentions. Looks like the formerly mythical New Ground will become a reality.

Please excuse me while I drink to excess.

#Yellows

Comment

Half-time and it's 19-1

Absolutely excellent news - and about bloody time too.

Comment

Half-time and it's 19-1

My dad plays snooker there, on a Friday night.

Good news, though. If somewhat overdue.

Comment

Half-time and it's 19-1

Yes, nice to see it finally resolved after dragging on for years, look forward to visiting the new ground.

Comment

Half-time and it's 19-1

So the future of both HFC and the Holbrook club are now looking a lot healthier (HFC will now be agreeing a new twenty five year lease for the Holbrook club to remain at that site).

Don't know if it made a great deal of difference to the votes on the night but there was a heartfelt speech in favour by Billy Greening, a young Tory councillor for Southwater. It's here on Facebook if you're interested. Actually, it's there on Facebook even if you don't give a shit [winky thing].

Rumour has it (well, Mrs Flibl is on the HFC committee) that a press release will shortly be out confirming the signing of an agreement for a temporary home ground for HFC for next season. It's hoped that New Ground will be open in time for the season after, i.e. season 2018-19.

The first time I was dragged along to a HFC game by a work colleague back in 1988 I heard they'd been trying for almost ten years to find a site for a new ground ... to actually be here when it's all starting to come to fruition is almost unbelievable.

We are happy Lardy bunnies!

Edit: It's official, HFC will be playing at the Lancing headquarters of the SCFL next season - http://www.horsham-fc.co.uk/2017/03/22/new-groundshare-plans-revealed/

Comment

Work on New Ground is progressing on schedule with a possibility of it being completed by the end of this year and the club to move back home to Horsham early in 2019.

Current state of play is the approach road/walkway and the car park have been completed, the two pitches have been levelled and laying of the permeable stone base(s) began on May 30th.

The club has a newish website for stadium updates, the latest entry being Pitch construction underway. The giant netting in the last photo is to protect innocent footballers and fans from attack by wayward glof* balls from the adjacent driving range.

* Golf, obviously, but I have taken a liking to that typo for some reason.

Comment

Working...
              X