Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-League Cover? That won't sell. Latest WSC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the Beckham revelations, perhaps Prince Among Men was ahead of the game...

Oh, and Harry Pearson's just had me in tears...

Comment

It's a good issue. I love that photograph that juxtaposes the motivational messages in the dugout with a builder's advertising board.

Comment

The article about Nile Ranger and that Everton kid who was a wasted talent are a bit odd. Felt a bit like kicking guys when they were down.

Comment

Really enjoying this issue - good editorial, pieces on Darlington, TV Watch, Newport, BBC Alba, Graham Taylor (both), and the Ranger/Kenny profiles. Excellent match piece by Nishlord (very little about the game - always my favourites). Completely unconvinced, though, by Alan Tomlinson's case for a 48-team World Cup, and his brittle claim that expanding the event to 24 and then 32 teams "improved and enhanced" the WC (which he backs up with precisely no evidence, though you could argue that "enhanced" just means more teams, so there's no arguing on that score.).

Also, I can never get through the rather dry feature pieces on lesser teams in the Football Cities feature - they're all well researched and everything, but I switch off a few paras in. Often the teams have survived so many mergers, name changes and insolvencies that I lose track of who they are or why I should care.

I'm up to the Valencia piece - it's my daily bog read, in case anyone's wondering why it takes me so long to get through one magazine.

Comment

Working...
          X