No announcement yet.

Racism in English football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouseley’s off, according the Guardian - is that new? Anyway, evidence there of serious problems.

I was astonished to read he has never received payment for his role. That seems bad practice and a recipe for dischord.

Comment

Danny Rose has had it with football.

Comment

Welcome to the new normal.

Comment

I thought but could well be wrong that Man Utd fans were not among the worst in this respect.

Comment

There are hundreds of millions of Man utd fans on twitter. I wonder how they square this with following a team that fielded 7 black outfield starters last night.

Comment

Manchester United fans are in absolute uproar at Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford for wearing pretty normal clothes on BT Sports for that weird Treble friendly at the weekend. "This is why they'll never win the treble." Said one fucking oddball, linking on pitch performance with sartorial choice, while ignoring the fact Beckham used to swan about in a sarong. The fact they both looked quite sharp adds to the whole weirdness. Meanwhile, Paddy Power have gone full Khmer Rouge, saying they wanted Jesse Lingard to get slapped by Jaap Stam for... wearing glasses.

Both lads were in suits. Granted suits with trainers, which isn't my thing, but I'm not a early/mid 20s footballer but a late 30s dullard who dresses like a geography teacher on a field trip up a small mountain. Gore-Tex and corduroy, baby!

I just don't see the same reaction happening if both players were white. It's this low level, insidious racism that bothers me more than some fucking idiot making monkey noises or whatever. No one seems to want to call it out or do anything about it, and if you do raise objections you get accused of being permanently offended, or PG gone mad, or a snowflake or whatever.

Comment

Nicky Butt had fucking dreadlocks. Ginger dreadlocks. Admittedly he pretty much immediately lost all his hair as a divine punishment.

A bit like that appalling piece of fucking Gammon screaming at Paul Pogba that Man utd's top scorer wasn't even average, and suggest that one of the major problems that man utd have is that has a quarter as many instagram followers as messi or ronaldo, or half as many as Beckham.
                Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 28-05-2019, 11:10.

Comment

Is it some kind of late manifestation of trauma from Liverpool's white Cup Final suits?

It is seriously bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    Nicky Butt had fucking dreadlocks.
                    Did he???

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Did he???

I don't remember this. It seems very Unnicky Butt.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                        Manchester United fans are in absolute uproar at Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford for wearing pretty normal clothes on BT Sports for that weird Treble friendly at the weekend.
                        Jesus - what a thing over which to get into a lather.

Did they think that Lingard and Rashford should've been dressed as effing fanboys or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                          Jesus - what a thing over which to get into a lather.

Did they think that Lingard and Rashford should've been dressed as effing fanboys or something?
                          Presumably they want them to dress like 40 year old, overweight, white men. That way they'll be exempt from criticism.

Comment

I don't remember this. It seems very Unnicky Butt.
                            It was basically the week before he shaved his head.

Comment

I thought you said he went bald?

Comment

Picture or it didn't happen

Comment

This is very difficult to find on google because Google has problems focusing on the task in hand, when you include the word Butt. I have asked Garcia to see what he can dig up.

Comment

How are we looking, Colm?

Comment

Garcia remembers it, but he can't remember if he saw it, or if I told him about it. I'm trying to get him to get in touch with his mate Gary Neville

Comment

You sure that you aren't misremembering that time when he turned out for the Gingers against the Dreads?

Comment

40 year old, overweight, white men.
                                          I resemble that remark.

Comment

I just don't see the same reaction happening if both players were white. It's this low level, insidious racism that bothers me more than some fucking idiot making monkey noises or whatever. No one seems to want to call it out or do anything about it, and if you do raise objections you get accused of being permanently offended, or PG gone mad, or a snowflake or whatever.
                                            This is rather like the hole some TV channels / online sports coverage dig themselves into every single year during the NBA finals. Because their decisions and fashion sense would be totally curated by an old white bloke if they had millions of dollars and were in their 20s.

Comment

Skip Bayless thinks that Rashford and Lindgard will never be elite and will be telling his listeners that for the next six months.

Comment

I don't know who Skip Bayless is. Should I remedy this?

Comment

If you wish to fear for the direction European sports media could go in... sure.

Comment

The man makes Richard Keys look like John Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                                    X