Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EIM View Post
    legitimate concerns.
    I'm finding that phrase is a FUCKING TRIGGER AT THE MOMENT!

AAARRGH!

Comment

Beta snowflake cuck.

Comment

Anyway, I wish people would stop co-opting Cantona. Cultural appropriation of the worst kind. Like lads from Nottingham dead into the Stone Roses. You all hated him in the 90s, but now his fucking meganess isn't clouded by petty tribalism you're all pretending you loved him. Glossy football mag spreads, Scousers saying he was sound, Ipswich and Yeovil fans singing Ooh Aah Cantona in the Pev (give Leeds their due, their Cantophobia is proudly consistent). Well sorry but it doesn't work like that. He was ours. We loved him, he loved us. When he kissed the shirt, the shirt kissed him back. The Simmons kick wasn't just an iconic anti-racist moment, it was a United player giving it back to some gobshite who thought he was safe to give it the bigg'un from behind an advertising board. Nah mate. We're Manchester United. Pipe down.

Old Cantona was the best Cantona. Despite the resurrection and triumph of post-ban New Testament Cantona, I missed the fire and brimstone, vengeful Eric. The unpredictability. The cocksure, rock n rolling centre forward equally likely to score a magnificent goal, or get a red card after wiping some East Anglian clogger off the bottom of his Nike.

Twenty-six years of Eric Cantona. Four as player, twenty-two as inspiring political and cultural guru-shaman. Making films, smashing capitalism, housing refugees, fighting Islamophobia. Cool as fuck. Hard as nails. Everything Manchester United should be but isn't any more.

Still. I hear Robbie Fowler's landlord seminars are informative, and Shearer is doing his best on Match of the Day, holding a pen to make himself look intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          Jeremy Corbyn is obviously a regular on here and has been prompted to tweet this in response to this thread.

the question is what is Jeremy's user name? I'm going with Lucy Waterman
          Mel Huckridge.

Comment

Working...
          X