A Design For Strife - Kit Gallery 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An early start for next season's thread but I felt I needed to send out a call to arms for you all to vote for Option A in Patrick Thistle's vote for next season's kit.

Could use more black, but that shouldn't be close.

Comment

Worryingly, when I voted it was only 52/48 in favour of A. Nobody in Britain, let alone Scotland, likes hearing those figures as the outcome of a vote.

Comment

Not much of a choice really, as the shorts and socks would seem to be a fait accompli.
        But Option A is fkn hideous, the collar and shoulder panels are awful, and the central "stripe" looks more like a smear.
        At least Option B has a round collar and some black trim.

*Edit* It's now 53% / 47% in favour of A after 950 votes.

Comment

Only 2 choices?

Comment

Lucky for you I'm too thick to vote (where are the buttons??) as I was going to pick B. It's not a proper Thistle kit, but option A is hideous.

Comment

Oh, I'm no fan of Option A at all but at least it is recognisably a Jags kit given their history since the seventies at least (though it does look more Galatasaray overall).

Option B looks more like a particularly outre Liverpool kit.

Comment

Bloody hell, it's narrowed to only 51/49 in A's favour now.

This is 2016's final and most damning proof that the general public should not be allowed to vote on important issues.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: An early start for next season's thread but I felt I needed to send out a call to arms for you all to vote for Option A in Patrick Thistle's vote for next season's kit.
                  Oh I see Ray, you meant Partick Thistle. Thought it was a poll set up by our own PT to vote on, so far as I could guess at first glance, the next Melchester Rovers kit.

Have cast a vote for A, though, needless to say. It's only leading 756-711 as I type. What the hell is wrong with half the population?

Comment

Ray, I have to ask - do you have the punny titles stored and ready, like the way they have names of storms allocated before they happen?

Comment

Sticking to the Manics theme, I'm putting forward Motorcycle Empty Nest, You Love Ass and La Tristesse Dürer. You never know when you might need them.

Comment

denishurley wrote: Ray, I have to ask - do you have the punny titles stored and ready, like the way they have names of storms allocated before they happen?
                        Ha, I wish. Each pun is crafted bespoke for the occasion in real time. Occasionally I've abandoned creating a thread for the lack of a suitable title (or, more frequently, someone's nipped in before me to start with a more mundane moniker while I'm still brainstorming).

Comment

B now leads by nine votes.

Comment

I did vote for A because B isn't a Partick kit, but apart from the stripes, it's not got much going for it. The collar is rank, as is the back and sleeves.

B is quite attractive. I'd be happy to see Belgium in it.

Comment

I tend to agree. For Partick Thistle kits, it is a two way tie for last. Generally, B is least worst but not a Jags kit.

Comment

If I were forced to choose between one of those two options (although my own choice would be for option C: Launch Joma into the fucking sun and get Umbro to provide the strip), I'd reluctantly go for A.

Why? Well, B looks like an MLS training shirt, and option A wouldn't be the first time we've worn blurry stripes. I give you our 1994/95 effort:

Now as strips go, that's pretty poor. However, that was also the season we came from a million points adrift to avoid the drop, and relegated Dundee United. Happy days.

Oh, and one final word on both options A and B: WHERE'S THE BLACK SHORTS JOMA, YOU FUCKING MUPPETS?

Comment

And in that last reply, I've finally found something useful in this board's dismal new look: serif fonts are better for shouting in.

Comment

There's about five votes in it now, in A's favour.

Blameless, as poor as A is I find it amazing that Jags supporters would countenance voting for Option B - has there been much discussion amongst them that you're aware of.

I did wonder if the open nature of the poll meant supporters of rival clubs were trying to saddle them with a duff kit. The only alternative is to accept that a lot of Thistle fans don't care about their excellent kit tradition as much as some of the rest of us.

Comment

Why do you see A as a more traditional Partick kit than B? They didn't wear vertical stripes until 1975, much later than the first appearance of hoops (thanks, Historical Kits).

Obviously B is not a very good example of hoops and could do with more yellow, but at least it's got some black in it. I rather like it.

Edit: Actually, it could do with a lot more yellow, couldn't it? Even so.

Comment

Well, that's the point, no modern Thistle kit has ever been so predominantly red - or has ever had one colour been so prominent. They have always been a more even mix of red, yellow and, occasionally and latterly, black.

Even the very yellow shirts of the early seventies, mid-eighties and start of this decade were offset by contrasting shorts.

It's an extreme example of this drift to block colour kits and it will not stand. If Option B wins it will hurt just as viscerally as the victories for Leave and Trump.

Comment

Who cares ? Strips are only to distinguish one team from the other. And for under 10's.

Comment

You ain't from round here, are you, son?

Comment

It always bemuses me when people come into kits threads simply to say that grown men talking about kits is stupid. Happens quite regularly, too.

Comment

Whoever argues for option B embodies everything that's wrong with football.

Comment

RdG: no one really dislikes us enough to vote to impose a crap strip on us - quite apart from anything else, we've got plenty of form for self-inflicted strip disasters anyway.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Thistle fans clamouring for option B are the ones who have been won over too much by Kingsley, and who believe that zany, twitter-trending, attention-seeking bollocks is the answer to everything. Not coincidentally, for the most part these fans are too young to remember the "halves" abomination of the mid-noughties, or the geometric nonsense of the late 80s.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X