X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Oscar goes to... January 2017 transfer window

Arturo wrote:
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken
    Burnley were in for Pritchard this time last year, but he headed to West Brom.

It always seems to take us three transfer windows to land a target. I know Clarets have made an offer for Brady, so that should see him pulling on the shirt in February 2018.

Erstwhile target (even at one point sitting in the Turf Moor offices waiting to sign) Henri Lansbury has gone to Villa, it seems.
    We were linked with Lansbury too but Villa are throwing money at the problem once again and offering to pay silly wages. We just can't compete with that right now and that's why we missed out on McCormack to them in August.

Pritchard is a funny one. We paid £8m in the summer even though we had two players already in that position (Naismith and Hoolahan) but the thinking was that we were going to build a team around him. However, I thought at the time that the fee seemed a lot for a player who had barely played since his impressive spell with Brentford two seasons back. He's hardly had a look in and despite fleeting moments of quality, it looks like Alex Neil wants to cash his chips.

Brady is linked with quite a few clubs. He was impressive in his first few months here but tailed off last season and hasn't really looked interested this time around. His impressive Ireland performances don't reflect how disappointing he's been at club level, so I can't say I'd be sorry to see him go.
    And now Canos is set to go to Brentford after signing in the summer.

We've reacted to the loss of left back Martin Olsson by sending young left back Harry Toffolo out on another loan, and bringing in ... a young left back on loan from Ajax, by the name of Mitchell Dijks. He turned down a transfer and opted for the loan, presumably as he wants to transfer to a Premier League club in the summer.

Robbie Brady still on the books... but looks bound for Burnley today.

Comment

This is one of the more surprising transfers of the window ;

Bristol Rovers sell prolific talismanic goalscorer to Bristol City.

Comment

(Bet he bloody well scores for them tonight now I've put this up)

Comment

Wimbledon sign former Palace/Stoke million pound plus signing Tom Soares from Bury, though he didn't exactly impress in The Shakers' horror run of four games against The Dons in October/November.

Any thoughts on him, Giggler?

Comment

longeared wrote:

(Bet he bloody well scores for them tonight now I've put this up)
            Don't you have to sign by a certain point on match day to be available, noon or something?

Comment

Not sure what the cut off is but having looked in a bit more detail I can't find anything saying he'll play tonight. Good good.

Lot of noise that Wednesday are going to get a deal done for Jordan Rhodes now that Villa are looking likely to sign Scott Hogan instead.

Comment

Looks like Ravel Morrison is a done deal. He joins incoming Matt Smith (Fulham), Luke Freeman (Bristol City), and Sean Goss (Manchester Utd) and Kazenga Lua Lua (Brighton &HA.) Meanwhile Stephen Caulker is off to Lokomotiv Moscow.

Comment

[/ul]
                  Kevchenko wrote:

And now Canos is set to go to Brentford after signing in the summer.

We've reacted to the loss of left back Martin Olsson by sending young left back Harry Toffolo out on another loan, and bringing in ... a young left back on loan from Ajax, by the name of Mitchell Dijks. He turned down a transfer and opted for the loan, presumably as he wants to transfer to a Premier League club in the summer.

Robbie Brady still on the books... but looks bound for Burnley today.
                  Canos deal confirmed. Undisclosed fee. Shame, but something wasn't right from the start there. Only hope is that we've got our money back but I really hope that doesn't come back to bite us on the arse in later seasons.

Comment

Robbie Brady confirmed from Norwich to Burnley. Believed to be £12m. Mitchell Dijks confirmed on loan at Carrow Road from Ajax.

We're now expected to buy Yanic Wildschut from Wigan. £7m is the reported fee for someone allegedly half decent, but any money in the hands of Alex Neil is a worrying prospect.

Comment

Good old Wednesday, had all month to do this Jordan Rhodes deal and we're still sat here as the window closes waiting to see if it's actually happened.

Comment

Sterling work by Rayo Vallecano fans, forcing Ukranian neo-Nazi sympathiser Roman Zozulya and the club to cancel his loan signing after 16 hours.

Comment

Godoy Cruz have signed Gustavo Poyet's son Diego on a free transfer from West Ham. Diego Poyet was born in Zaragoza and is a Uruguay U17 international... but is also an England U17 international and holds a British passport.

On this basis, I'm reasonably sure he could become the first Brit to play in the Argentine Primera since Argentine football turned professional in 1931. Given the time that had already passed in 1931 since Brit/expat-driven teams had had any success, there's a good chance he'll be the first Brit in well over a century to play in the Argentine league.

Comment

Forgot to mention that Omar Bogle obviously decided that a relegation battle was a better career option than a relegation inevitability...

Comment

Outside of the window but Coventry sign Yakubu.

Yes, I did consider putting this news in 'Oh, is he still playing?'.

Comment

Working...
                              X