Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rippled Realities and Tribal Psychologies, or the LoI Brand Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courtesy of Dan McDonnell, the FAI's presentation on the League of Ireland sounds like a parody of The Thick of It. Some highlights:

"Under John Delaney, it's been amazing, and I say that independently."

"The League delivers - skills, inclusivity, is cool".

"A Hollywood walk of fame leading to club grounds".

"Half-time EA Sports tournament broadcasts on big screens"

"Bank Holiday fixtures against MLS or NASL clubs"

"The FAI are the League's best supporters".

The league - it's not that bleak!

Comment

I was reading updates on this launch from the usual LoI journalists who were live-tweeting it's progress.

I initially thought they were being their usual sarcastic & cynical selves, and genuinely sniggered at their revelations - bus stops in the vicinity of grounds to be painted in team colours; Sligo Rovers to tap into their proximity to the home of Yeats; references to "the league - it's cool". It's Partridge pitching ideas to Tony Hayers.

But this was real. A marketing guru was paid a tidy sum to pitch nonsense that in no way challenges the problems faced by the league, nor signals a new departure that could any football fan could view as achievable. An 'independent' report, of course, but the paymasters were heralded in the report as being the league's best supporters.

In all, a spectacular own goal by the FAI, displaying once more how they really haven't a clue how to develop the league.

Comment

Working...
      X