Klopp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klopp

In one interview that I heard he was asked about who he might buy in January and he suggested that his job was to make his existing players better, rather than just buy new ones.
    It was so deliciously off message in this premier league where the answer always lies in a " swoop " or "wheeler deal" like a giant game of fantasy football

But that is a standard run of the mill answer for a coach who has a particular system. They're not interested in having the most famous available player. They're interested in having a player that has enough technical ability to play their system, the tactical intelligence to be able to understand how it all fits together, the discipline to do their job, and the ability to learn from practice. But Primarily they must be willing to work their bollocks off and stick with the plan. Unless you've already worked with a player, you can't really tell if a player you're signing has all these things.

This is a real problem for a lot of fans of english football to get their heads around. What they're looking for is a player who regularly produces spectacular things.

Comment

I've just seen the new Erdinger Weissbier advert. Oh dear. I wonder if EIM will stock it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
        I've just seen the new Erdinger Weissbier advert. Oh dear. I wonder if EIM will stock it?
        The bottles are too tall to fit on the bar fridge shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

The bottles are too tall to fit on the bar fridge shelves.
          It's available in 0.33-litre bottles. It shouldn't be, but it is. There are also special diddy little Weizenbier glasses for it.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
            It's available in 0.33-litre bottles. It shouldn't be, but it is. There are also special diddy little Weizenbier glasses for it.
            In that case I'm not stocking it because no one would buy it and because Klopp is a weapons-grade nobhead.

Comment

Do the hut's patrons require beverage-appropriate glassware?

It must be an absolute nightmare for such establishments in Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

In that case I'm not stocking it because no one would buy it and because Klopp is a weapons-grade nobhead.
                I'd tentatively agree with the first half of that sentence (I'm no longer familiar with UK drinking habits). I definitely agree with the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Do the hut's patrons require beverage-appropriate glassware?.
                  They get Weizenbier in a Weizenbier glass and wine in a wine glass. There are beer glasses for pils and other glasses for soft drinks, but very few people want them.

Comment

Who skims the head off a freshly poured beer? Literally never seen that happen.

Comment

Anyway Erdinger are the Carlsberg of weissbier. No great loss. Certainly nowhere near as traumatic as having to boycott Nivea.

Comment

Of all the coaches to win the top division this century, he's one of the two least dislikable alongside Ranieri. I mean, I'd rather have a drink with him than Wenger, Ferguson..

Comment

Mumpo, is that why you stopped shaving your head?

Comment

On beer combs/foam scrapers

https://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/...nking-days-old

A certain brand of lager has tried to make it a thing again here

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              Of all the coaches to win the top division this century, he's one of the two least dislikable alongside Ranieri. I mean, I'd rather have a drink with him than Wenger, Ferguson..
                              I think Wenger could be rather good company to have a glass of wine with. Klopp might get a bit Colin Hunt, especially after a few weissbiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I think Wenger could be rather good company to have a glass of wine with. Klopp might get a bit Colin Hunt, especially after a few weissbiers.

Yes, Wenger would be great - original thinking and a wonderful dry wit. I can imagine a beered up Klopp getting very lairy if you disagreed with his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post
                                  Who skims the head off a freshly poured beer? Literally never seen that happen.
                                  Newver been to Germany, Belgium or the Netherlands then ?

Comment

Or Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I can imagine a beered up Klopp getting very lairy if you disagreed with his opinion.
                                      I'm impressed that you think you'd manage to get a word in edgeways in the first place.

Comment

I just hope he hangs around. He's probably done all he could possibly have hoped to with this Liverpool side, like he did with Dortmund really, especially now Man City have been given a get out of jail pass to go and spend a billion quid this summer and Man United are going to break their transfer records to bring Grealish and Sancho into an already fantastic young side.

Comment

I don't see any reason why he should leave, as long as Liverpool are competitive in the transfer market. I presume that he'll probably fancy a go at managing the national team at some point but he seems really happy at Anfield and has a squad that should just need some moderate tweaking, for the next few years at least.

Comment

We won’t be competitive in the market. We already bailed on Werner because of Coronavirus, Liverpool won’t spend any money this year again. FSG are very much cash in = cash out.
                                            With the money Chelsea, Man Utd and ManCity are likely to spend, we’ll be lucky to not be 4th next year.
                                            so I’m going to enjoy us being champions this year as much as I can.

Comment

Don't be soft.

Comment

Liverpool don't really compete in the transfer market though. They just do what man utd used to do under Ferguson. Identify the specific type of player they want, go and tap him up, and are then the sole bidder for the player. Either because clubs know the deal is done, or don't understand why liverpool are so keen on the player in the first place.

Liverpool don't really need to sign anyone for the first team maybe a minor clear out of aging reserves with no real future, to make room for much younger players, who have time to develop so they're ready and the right age for when liverpool are building their next team.

Comment

Can't believe Klopp's not on the Erdinger dunkel, it makes up for all the sins of the basic.

Comment

A quick look at their squad, would suggest that clyne is already gone, while surely lovren, lallana, karius, xhaqiri, and one of adrian, or lonergan can all go. They have to make a decision about marko grujic, who has had two years on loan at hertha berlin But othewise all they need is a fourth choice centre back, a second choice left back and maybe a second choice right sided attacker.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X