Christmas Boos - Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamo Maghull v Liverpool Hibernia was pretty good as lower mid-table clashes between 14th tier sides go. Hibernia took a 2-0 lead in the first half before Maghull came back in the second half, eventually winning 3-2 thanks to an injury time goal.

The ground is playing fields in Kirkby, set between a housing estate, a tip and Liverpool's academy.

Comment

Back here just in time for Brentford v Burton.

Brentford had enough chances to have won more comfortably but overall it was a poor disjointed performance. Not looking forward to away games at Bristol City and Leeds next week.

Comment

Arenas Club 2-4 Gernika

Arenas went 2-0 up fairly early on but were then brought down to earth by an incredible comeback from Gernika. They played brilliantly and Arenas somewhat lost their cool as their physio got sent off and there was a player stretchered off with a head wound as the game got a scrappier.

Santutxu 2-2 Real Sociedad C

Santutxu were good value for the 2-1 lead they took late on in the second half but a cheap free kick gave the boys from Donostia the chance they needed to equalise deep in stoppage time. A hard result to take as that win would have taken Santutxu out of the drop zone.

Barakaldo 1-1 Fuenlabrada

Cerrajeria scored a cracking equlaiser from the edge of the box for Baraka after Fuenlabrada went ahead early on through a deflected shot. Cerrajeria then picked up a second booking for a fairly wild challenge and the guardinegros had to dig in to hold out for the draw.

Tough season for the teams from Bizkaia with three in the drop zone of Segunda B meaning more than three teams will be relegated from Tercera this season.

Comment

I remember discussing the wild peaks and troughs in their attendances with you when we were there for a midweek game earlier in the season. I thought then that they lost a lot of weekender supporters on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Wasn't Saturday a Trophy game?

I didn't see a match at all this weekend and no live sport at all (save for my daughter rowing in a regatta and my son playing mini-rugby), I literally cannot remember the last time that happened. Nothing planned until Boxing Day either unless I can sneak in a game on Wednesday, otherwise it will be an unparalleled drought.

Comment

Bracknell Town 4 Oxford City Nomads 1 - Hellenic League Premier
            Attendance: 158

The second game on Bracknell's new 3G pitch - I mentioned after the first game that spectators can reach out and grab the nets. I experienced this at first hand on the weekend when I was standing behind the net and was hit by Bracknell's third goal. A comic book moment literally being hit by the ball bulging through the back of the net. Exacerbated by the fact that I was holding an umbrella at the time and didn't have a chance to protect my face.

A straightforward (in the end) victory for Bracknell over Oxford City's reserve-side-but-isn't-a-reserve-side.

Oxford City Nomads with their own tribute to the Division Three and Four tables Teletext page.

Comment

Working...
            X