Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got any midweek matchgoing plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston-super-Mare v Poole Town for me tomorrow night, if all goes according to plan.

Where are you lot all off to?

Early dart from work and off up to Carlisle v. Cheltenham. If the traffic is light I may even have time to walk into town for a battered haggis supper.

Comment

What is the current OTF consensus on going to the MK Dons ground? We are playing them tomorrow night, and it isn't too far from my current home. Should I go? Would be my first time at the ground, the Bantams have a terrible record against them and it still has all those horrible 'franchise' connotations.

Comment

Modern Moral Dilemmas pt 94...

Comment

I can't think of any situation where I'd go to Stadium MK - possibly if it was last game of the season and we could send the cunts into the Conference and celebrate by wrecking the place - but otherwise no.

Comment

Dagenham & Redbridge v Lincoln tomorrow, though the price is putting me off going.

Comment

Following last week's puncture outside Wickes on the way to The Old Spotted Dog, I have to pick up my bike from Halfords, where I'm having a new pair of Continental Gatorskins fitted (I really struggle fitting puncture resistant tyres).

If I get back from Halfords in sufficient time after work, I might go to watch London Bari v Clapton. However, saw the exact same fixture last week in the FA Cup.

Comment

Gateshead vs York: chose this over going to Saturday's home game. New ground for me so expecting to get lost.

Comment

From memory the Athletics Stadium is pretty well signposted. (Not actually followed the signs to it so no idea how easy it is to actually get to.)

Comment

Cool - cheers. I got exceptionally lost going to Bramall Lane once and I'd been there before. Anything could happen ...

Comment

Musselburgh Athletic v Newtongrange Star. Early in the season midweek derby. Made more intersting down to Star hiring Musselburgh's management team and signing half a dozen of our squad from last season, always a season behind us them lot.

Played us off the park in the same fixture last season but we done them 1-0 with a hooky penalty, brilliant.

Comment

I am off to Vale Park tonight for the L1 clash between Port Vale and Rochdale.

Comment

Dundalk v Legia Warsaw. There should be enough room in the Aviva Stadium for all of the 250 Dundalk fans who turned up for a home game against Bray less than 4 years ago.

Comment

Barnet v Blackpool. A good omen for the visitors is that the last two teams that Barnet have played in their first midweek home League game of the season have gone on to be promoted that season (Bristol Rovers and Northampton respectively). A good omen for Barnet is that both times they won 2-0.

Comment

Celtic v Hapoel Beer Sheva. Rodgers has established a positive mentality, brought in quality players and has them all playing an adaptable, fluid and controlled game so far.

But it's Celtic in Europe, so I'd be on a hiding to nothing predicting this one.

Comment

I'm going to that one as well.

Albion Rovers v Hamilton U20s tonight though in one of them cups. Which one I haven't a fuckin clue.

Comment

I'm on my couch watching Man City at Steaua where City are one up, and Aguero has missed two penalties.

Comment

Port Talbot Town V AFC Porth first home game of what is going to be a long season

Comment

Trencin vs Rapid Vienna in the EL qualifier tomorrow night. Looking forward to it, not least to walking 30 mins from my house to the ground. I suspect there'll be plenty making the journey up from Vienna.

I've just been in England and went to Coventry v Shrewsbury on Saturday. I was looking forward to that as well, what with two clubs local(ish) to my roots, and managers with WBA connections in both dugouts, but it was pretty awful. Not so much the game, which had occasional flashes of skill and excitement amidst long periods of tedium, as the whole Ricoh Arena 'experience'.

There surely can't be a more awkward ground to get to by public transport ; there's a railway station next-door which can't be used, no direct buses from the main rail station, and the ones from the bus-station either meander round every housing estate in North Coventry or get stuck in heavy traffic along a single-track main road out of town. I thought the point of grounds like this was their accessibility.

When you get there, you encounter the inevitable soullessness, worse in this case since the ground is owned by a rugby club with no roots in the city. Everything is massively overpriced as well. The only consolation for Coventry fans must be that it isn't Northampton.

Comment

Saw Orient select the right players in the right positions and do some actual football, possibly more than in any match over the past two years. It was fun. We won 3-0, albeit against a fairly flimsy Stevenage, who faded after failing to go 2-0 up in the first five minutes.

Comment

Grimmer wrote: Gateshead vs York: chose this over going to Saturday's home game.
                                          Ouch.

Comment

Third rate les bleus wrote:
                                            Originally posted by Grimmer
                                            Gateshead vs York: chose this over going to Saturday's home game.
                                            Ouch.
                                            I left when the fourth went in. The pubs of Newcastle were decent at least.

Comment

We stayed until the bitter end.

How is Flinders the one player left over from last year?

Comment

Weston-Super-Mare AFC 0 v 0 Poole Town FC
                                                AKA The Seagull Army versus the Mighty Dolphins

This was one of those brilliant 0-0 games with chances aplenty, great reflex saves, fluffed sitters and very little time-wasting or on-pitch nastiness. 2 yellows for late tackles.

Poole had most of the running in the first 20 minutes and just as I told my Dolphin supporting mate that there was only one team in it, Weston decided to miss several chances and dominate the game for the next 20 minutes. It's a nice non-league ground and the travelling Poole fans swapped ends for the second half. I went with them and this end we were so close to the goal it was possible to reach out and jiggle the goal nets. Not that I did. There was a stern steward who told off the Poole fan who was banging on the advert hoarding during the chant.

The Weston goalie was nice. Greeted the Poole fans with "Evening, gents, and ladies" (when he noticed it was mixed company. Then he asked if we'd been to Ebbs Fleet and if we knew how much they were spending this year. He pulled off a fast reflex save with his foot in the dying minutes from a point blank header.

Definitely one of those games where the scoreline does not represent the fun and excitement on offer. Also it was a nice cathartic return to non-league football that reminded me just how much I enjoy watching it away from the hype.

Comment

On a last minute whim I've decided to take a couple of hours break from watching the Olympics (I've got my iPad to keep an eye on things, don't worry) and go to the Croydon v Beckenham Town derby in the Southern Counties East Premier.

I hadn't factored in traveling through/to South-East London on public transport though so I'm currently excitedly unsure of if I'll make it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X