Dalian Atkinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dalian Atkinson

Bizarre Löw Triangle wrote: Re: earlier comment about the Guardian's coverage of police and state violence regularly being piss-weak, here's what the Guardian reports Paula Quinn as saying

Another resident, Paula Quinn, said Atkinson appeared to be “almost staggering” in the street before he was Tasered. She said he went down “like a lead balloon” after being hit by the stun gun.

Quinn said: “I heard shouting and something smashing, which is what alerted me to look out of the window. I am feeling a bit sick knowing that the poor lad has passed. I don’t care what anybody has done. Nobody deserves to die as a result of something like that.”
    Here's Buzzfeed News quoting the same witness.

“He was staggering, and as he staggered towards them they opened fire with the taser and he fell to the ground like a lead balloon,” Paula Quinn, who lives opposite, told BuzzFeed News. “I could actually hear him hit the ground, and as he hit the ground the two officers just piled in on him and started kicking 10 bells out of him.

“That probably went on for a minute or two – it seemed quite long at the time, everything appeared to be happening in slow motion.”
    According to Quinn, one of the officers then told his colleague “back off, back off” before they ordered the man to put his hands behind his back. “But I don’t think he was conscious,” she said.

“They reactivated the Taser about four or five times on him while he was on the ground,” she said. “I could see it very clearly – there was absolutely no threat to him whatsoever and I am absolutely shocked.”

Quinn, who said she had a “birds-eye view” of the scene from her third-storey home across the street, said: “I don’t know if he was perhaps inebriated or something but he certainly wasn’t threatening.

“I can still hear the boots kicking him, I can still hear it. It makes me feel quite sick.”
    Same witness, similar language but the Guardian leaves out the most serious allegations of indefensible behaviour by the police.
    I wonder if they have very edgy beaks in the Guardian legal affairs team? Or are they trying to mend relations with the filth following undercover cop infiltration scandal?

They were similarly murderous plod friendly following the death of Sheku Bayoh in my old town a year ago. Only when other media started reporting sceptically on the cops' actions/excuses/refusal to engage with police complaints authority did the family and their lawyer get prominence in their articles, as opposed to a line from Aamer Anwar at the end.

Though that may be due to the hopeless and odious Severin Carrell being the reporter, rather than institutional bias or cowardice.

Comment

Dalian Atkinson

Inquest opened today. He received 35 minutes of CPR.

The officers are under criminal investigation.

Comment

Dalian Atkinson: CPS alerted over footballer Taser death

Comment

This still disgusts me and I really think the police actions were down to Atkinson being black.

Comment

Taken over 3 years since his death, but a police officer has now been charged with Atkinson's murder. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50333081

Comment

First time a police officer has been charged since Joy Gardner's murder.

The jury seemed to be very keen to grasp onto any sliver of reasonable doubt, even if it was provided by Britain's worst forensic pathologist.

Comment

The police office charged with murder has been bailed which is very unusual for a murder suspect.

Comment

Working...
                X