Murder on the Orient Express : weekend match going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first ever trip to Brisbane Road coming up as they host Newport in League 2.

Where are you getting frustrated this weekend?

I'll be at Carlisle v Plymouth.

Hopefully my main frustration will be the bastard tourists sitting in the middle lane of the M6 at 60mph, rather than anything the team does....

Comment

FSV Frankfurt (one point in three games) are at home to Jahn Regensburg (nine points in three games). It's either that or Kaffee und Kuchen with the in-laws. Right now, Kaffee und Kuchen is looking the clear favourite.

Comment

'Ull v Lesta

Comment

No fitba for me, off to the willow-wielding at OT tomorrow and Sunday.

Comment

Horsham v Carshalton Athletic

First game back in Ryman Div One South and hoping for a season of mid-table safety.

Comment

Boreham Wood at home! Get in!

Why is the team name two words, when the place name is only one?!

Comment

My North East tour has reached Recife in time for Sport v Flamengo.

Unfortunately, because there's such a large number of Flamenguistas in the North East, the game has been moved from Sport's lovely old Ilha do Retiro stadium to the World Cup venue, the Arena Pernambuco. It's a pretty soulless place on the outskirts of the city and not easy to get to as the authorities neglected to build any decent transport links.

Comment

Burnley vs Swansea. Our promotion bonanza has been reinvested in a new club shop and some taller floodlights, though I fear they may be only slightly more mobile than our central midfielders.

Comment

Third rate les bleus wrote: I'll be at Carlisle v Plymouth.

Hopefully my main frustration will be the bastard tourists sitting in the middle lane of the M6 at 60mph, rather than anything the team does....
                    Ditto obv, but replacing tourists on the M6 with lorries on the A69, in an ambitious attempt to round up four fellow runners, get out of a busy car park and back in time for a couple of pre match pints.

Comment

I'll be at Wimbledon v Bolton which (despite paying almost no attention to domestic football for a few months) I imagine will be quite a test for The Dons.

Will be balancing an iPad on my knees to watch the Rowing Finals at some point though.

Comment

First day of the West Yorkshire League season. I'm going to East End Park v Thornhill.

Comment

Glasshoughton v Rossington for me.

After Wednesday's goal fest at Horsfall, I'm fully expecting 0-0...

Comment

The Angus Coast Derby for the second year in a row for me. Montrose v Arbroath. Wonder if the dead seagull will still be on the terrace...

Comment

Barnsley v Derby

We've been scoring goals but conceding like nobody's business.

A two nil defeat then.

Comment

Arbroath take the lead against the wind thanks to a fuck up by the Montrose keeper in front of the Samaritans' ad...

Comment

Burnley and Swansea are both in white shorts. Is that even allowed?

Comment

Orient's tannoy is giving me a headache. It'd be something if we could even understand what's being said.

Comment

Montrose have a goal disallowed that would've been fine just sixty years ago before Arbroath lose a player to a second yellow card.

Comment

Montrose finally equalise. The Arbroath manager looks like he should be officiating at a point-to-point...

Comment

Despite our best efforts Orient spurn every single chance. Scandalous but Newport triumph in the Battle of The Inept.

Comment

Horsham 1-3 Carshalton Athletic

Mid table safety may be a tad optimistic.

Comment

So far today I have seen.

1. A maze of maize.

2. An attempt at the world sweet corn eating record.

3. The UKs largest display of large model aircraft.

4. A masterclass on preparing and caring for lithium polymer batteries.

5. A goalkeeper scoring a first half penalty.

Comment

Re 2: Is that on the cob, or toothpick and niblets?

Comment

This

Comment

Working...
                                                  X