Well as I'm in the wrong bloody forum again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would be the local team from the Algarve (we're going to Albufeira next week)? I want to bring back a shirt as a souvenir, and don't know who the local side will be. Ideally "big enough" so they're not a pub side, and will actually have shirts on sale in town.

You're in football again...

Comment

SC Farense is the team in Faro.

Edit: And Portimonense, in Portimao.

Comment

Farense is the local team and they are back in the Estádio de São Luís after playing in the 2004 legacy white elephant that is the Faro/Loule stadium. Estádio de São Luís is a great little stadium. They serve beer and octopus and, if you sit high enough, you are pretty much on a level with the planes coming into land at Faro Airport.

I doubt you will find any souvenir shirts, I didn't when I was there and there doesn't appear to be a club shop of any description. Well worth a visit though. Indeed, Faro itself is well worth a visit. People tend to fly in and not visit the town itself. It has a chapel made out of monk's bones and skulls for a start.

Comment

I went to the Algarve Derby exactly two years ago this week. There were certainly replica shirts being worn there by supporters of both Farense and Portimonense.

Portimonense hammered those Faro bastards 3-0.

Comment

The Wikipedia page for Estádio de São Luís has a wonderful piece of BB&F!-style agricultural detritus right on the pitch:

Comment

It's Daffy Duck isn't it.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: I went to the Algarve Derby exactly two years ago this week. There were certainly replica shirts being worn there by supporters of both Farense and Portimonense.
                Yes, I think that they did when I was there but fuck knows how you buy them. I suppose I could have asked them.

Comment

Working...
                X