Quartered shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quartered shirts

Ray de Galles wrote: I'm sure I've seen historical photos of Wembley FC in red and white quartered shirts in their clubhouse.
    You have. I was just coming on here to mention it.

Comment

Quartered shirts

tee rex wrote: Would you want to wear a quartered replica shirt, though? It basically screams "went to posh school, love the rugger, beat me up now".
      I've a very nice rugby style version of the Wealdstone quartered kit. I went to a comprehensive in Rotherham, largely dislike rugger and come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

Comment

Quartered shirts

eau de mon bain wrote: Treibeis might possibly have been around at the time, and would have had justified objections.
        I was and I did. It was round about that time that the spectators started singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" as well, "wie an der Änfield Road".

I should, by rights, have torn up my season ticket and thrown it onto the pitch.

Comment

Quartered shirts

OK, but you didn't have to bring your mates ...

(bloody treibeis butting in ...)

Comment

Quartered shirts

Bolton played in quartered shirts in the 19th century.

Comment

Quartered shirts

Here is CE Sabadell, mentioned on the last page

The dedication to quarters on both the first (blue./white) and change kit (red/white) is unusual.

Comment

Quartered shirts

When Wealdstone were wearing the blue-and-white quarters as their main kit, their change kit was often dark-navy-and-yellow quarters...

Comment

Quartered shirts

Saw that last FA Amateur Cup Final pictured in the op, as the 1st team I supported as a nipper was Ilford at Lynn Rd. They got tonked 4-1. Quarters wasn't their usual strip: QPR style blue and white hoops was the norm (and still is for the phoenix club in the ESL).

Both my junior & secondary school turned out in quarters - red/white and maroon/white respectively - and I remember it as quite common for our local schools back in the day.

Comment

Quartered shirts

Rogin le fan du fauteuil wrote:
                    Hoops were also quite the thing, back in the day, that (Doncaster and QPR aside) are now largely only used by rugby clubs. And, as this was when we introduced the game to them, South American clubs (Flu, Boca, etc).
                    Wrong one, It's Fla not Flu who have hoops.

As well as Reading already mentioned, don't Yeovil have hoops?

Comment

Quartered shirts

Southampton's last ever game at the Dell was a friendly versus Brighton where they wore the original Southampton St Mary's colours of red and white quarters.

Comment

Quartered shirts

ad hoc wrote:
                        Originally posted by Rogin le fan du fauteuil
                        Hoops were also quite the thing, back in the day, that (Doncaster and QPR aside) are now largely only used by rugby clubs. And, as this was when we introduced the game to them, South American clubs (Flu, Boca, etc).
                        Wrong one, It's Fla not Flu who have hoops.

As well as Reading already mentioned, don't Yeovil have hoops?
                        Yes. For thirteen years — which was a surprise to me.

Comment

Quartered shirts

Flamengo's third from last season:

Comment

Quartered shirts

eau de mon bain wrote:

Off-topic, but in Germany the goalkeepers are generally in the front rows of team pictures whereas they're standing in other countries, any idea why this is?

Comment

Working...
                            X