The new WSC with Bale, Kane & Irish on the front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropped through the letter box. At first glance there seems to be quite a bit of focus on non-league in this one.

Sounds good to me

Comment

For the first time ever I was actually at the game that's the subject of the Shot! photo feature (North Ferriby v Fylde in the Conference North play-off final). Couple of things to note on it - Ferriby's ground is more usually referred to as Church Road, not Grange Lane as far as I'm aware. Also would've been nice to see a mention of the fact the Fylde player sitting alone on the ground behind the celebrating Ferriby fans had missed an open goal with the last kick of normal time, which would've won his team promotion had he not fluffed it, which makes it quite a poignant picture.

Comment

Seems to have come out a big quickly this month. Haven't read the last one yet.

Comment

Dear lawd that 'Fathers Influence' piece is one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever read.

Comment

As a supporter of a sandwich spread and paperclips club, the piece by the Northampton fan and its reference to Middle Eastern airlines as shirt sponsors reminded me of one of BDG's earlier works.

The lifespan of the football supporter.

Comment

The Harry Pearson column this month is brilliant. Really good match of the month report too on Barnsley v Millwall; love the bits about Millwall fans trying to antagonise the Barnsley ones.

Comment

I don't understand the piece about the new laws. Can you be offside in your own half now?

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: I don't understand the piece about the new laws. Can you be offside in your own half now?
                  My understanding is that, because you're offside at the moment you interfere with play, you could be flagged in your own half if you retreat to challenge for a ball that was played forward when you were in an offside position in the opposition's half.

Comment

Ah, I see.

Comment

Like noj said, the Barnsley v Millwall report is fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                      X