Not the Weekend Matchgoing Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind Qatar being awarded the World Cup, how the fuck did this years Bog Football Championships end up being hosted by Turkey?

The weekend after the end of the Junior season has always seen a pleasant weekend of swamp soccer at Dunnon, Edinburgh or Inverness. However, on looking to organise this weekend away, I find the competition has fucked off to the other end of Europe. I've never seen a Turkish team play. Belgium, yes, lots of times. Finland, well the bloke with the long surname made up of just letters a and n, he invented it. But Turkey, WTF?

Now I will have to go to the World Krazies, which I normally avoid if they are in Hastings as the Pirate theme of the course I rather feel detracts from the competition. But still, any smugglers cove in a storm.

Whatever next, Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest just because Johnny Logan chose Ireland over his place of birth.

Task, this world of competitive sport we live in.

Please, please, PLEASE make my day and tell me there is a Bolton team.

Comment

I'm going to my cousin's wedding in Shropshire on Saturday. He's journeyman midfielder Brian Williams's son, but I think Brian will be the only ex-pro there.

My cousin was with Aston Villa until he was 18 (he did Steve Staunton's boots) but a car accident put paid to his professional career. Tragic, really.

Comment

I hope the break in football activities doesn't mean a break in BB&F! travelogues. I'll read anything, even your weekly shop.

Comment

Last of the Junior season indeed.

Four games still to go in the west and one in the east.

Comment

Forest Bulldogs v Cheltenham Phoenix.

Played at B:Ream.

Things can only get wetter.

Comment

I was also at rugby, in my case Underbank Rangers v Milford Marlins. Underbank play just outside Holmfirth (setting of Last of the Summer Wine) on what may well be the least flat pitch I've seen. Decent game with the defences on top for most of it; the home side eventually winning 24-10. Sadly I didn't win the meat raffle.

Comment

Comment

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote: Forest Bulldogs v Cheltenham Phoenix.

Played at B:Ream.

Things can only get wetter.

Report from the game here.

Comment

BB&F - your game reports (complete with photos ...though maybe not of Mad Dai!) should be made into a book. I'm sure they'd be useful as reference for anyone travelling to grounds they've not visited before.

(Thinking about it, though, the book would deserve to be A4 size and on glossy paper, so it might be a bit to lug around for your 'average' fan.)

Comment

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote:
                      Is this Hastings? I know someone who played if so! he came 59th in the novices, though.

Comment

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote:
                        And a report on the golf here

Comment

Working...
                        X