Eva Carneiro latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eva Carneiro latest

Stumpy Pepys wrote: I expect they phoned a nearby university and asked if anyone considered themselves an authority on swearing.
    Portuguese swearing.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Bordeaux Education wrote: Portuguese swearing.
      I was taking that as read.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

The parties have settled.

Terms to remain confidential.

I hope she took them for TONS of money.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Eva 10, Chelsea 0 by the sound of it.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Groveling apology from Chelsea

Pep pondering how he can make space on his staff for a highly qualified team doctor.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

ursus arctos wrote: The parties have settled.

Terms to remain confidential.

I hope she took them for TONS of money.
              (oddly rotated statement from Dr Carneiro)

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

The last line is a stylish twist of the knife at Mou's claim that she was at fault for thanking her supporters at Facebook.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Borracho wrote: Eva 10, Chelsea 0 by the sound of it.

Not quite. She wanted a personal apology from Mourinho. That is notably absent. So 5-1 rather than 10-0...

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Well, that's why he certainly won't be bringing the Bayern staff with him.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Le Dragon de Gaziantep wrote: Apparently calling someone son of a whore in Portuguese isn't so bad according to this witness. Perhaps he's not so much of an expert after all as I'd say it's pretty fucking offensive.
                      Anyone want to explain how in Portuguese this is a term of endearment, like with little Luis?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

In fact Mourinho must be fairly happy with the outcome. He is Teflon, nothing much has stuck to him.
                        Criticism of him for removing Carniero from her matchday role? No mention.
                        Admittance of any fault on his part? No mention.
                        Financial and career consequences to himself? Zero.
                        Chances that he can portray this as water under the bridge due to the confidential nature of the agreement? High.

In fact, the Chelsea statement even implicitly backs his stance on Carniero, that she didn't understand the game. It specifically emphasises, twice, that she was putting the interests of the players first. The tacit suggestion there is 'ahead of the team', which was his criticism of her.

Without knowing how much Chelsea have paid, it's hard to know who 'won', but it sure isn't an outright success for the good Doctor.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Does this mean her separate suit against Mourinho effectively goes away?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

That's a really strained reading, Janik.

Just because his former employers are willing to spend millions defending his dysfunction doesn't make him any less dysfunctional, nor does it make it any less clear that Carneiro "won" her claim.

It will be interesting to see if the English football press pack will continue to serve as Jose's lap dogs.

Amor, it settles both claims.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

No admission of gender discrimination, either.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

How many settlement statements have you read?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

You would have to be gaga to think Mourinho comes out of this with his reputation even partly repaired. Everyone knows he acted like the scumbucket he is.

Who cares if he was too chickenshit to step into the witness box himself. That just makes him look like even more of a coward. He ruthlessly destroyed a doctor's career in a blatant attempt to avoid getting criticised for his team playing like drunks at home to Swansea, victimising her because she ran onto the pitch to treat a player she thought had got injured. He decided in a split-second that he could somehow make her carry the can, and he sprang for it like a rattlesnake. Everyone saw it happen, and no amount of confidentiality about how many millions Eva Carneiro got paid can change it.

As for "filha da puta", I don't speak Portuguese but I'm married to a Spanish speaker and I can tell you for certain that the effective meaning of it is not like telling someone to "fuck off", as Chelsea's legal team claimed the other day. It's much stronger, the equivalent of calling someone a fucking cunt.

Unless the whole context of it is different in Portugal, which would surprise me greatly. And even then Carneiro is from Spain, and she was the one on the receiving end.

No doubt we can look forward to much, much more of this sleazy, two-bit bullshit from Mourinho in Manchester over the coming years.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Not many.
                                    Do people who lose ever publically admit the other party was basically right?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

No, in part because doing so would potentially open themselves to other sources of liability.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

I thought that was really what she was after, why she wanted a public hearing on the affair. Maybe that is why I'm underwhelmed by what Chelsea have been forced to say to make the thing end.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Can I interest you in this iconic piece of architecture?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Carniveraux Vulgarry wrote: Everyone else is now patently aware he's arsehead.
                                            As if they weren't already...

The number of people whose opinion on him has been changed by this is going to be tiny.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

What was I looking for? Something public that held him liable or otherwise branded him a sexist, something that couldn't be argued away. Instead it's been solved with money, which his ex-employers are not exactly short of.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Word is that Chelsea are having to pay Dr Eva £5 million.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Chelsea must feel they have avoided some reputational damage from further disclosures and/or judicial confirmation of the same. Else what are they paying so much money for? I mean, unless the English legal system has changed beyond recognition since last time I paid close attention, there's no way Ms Carneiro would have been granted a financial award by the tribunal which is remotely on the same scale as the kind of payments we're talking about. This isn't the US with their tradition of giddy jury decisions on quantum.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X