Eva Carneiro latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eva Carneiro latest

(Looked for the original thread, but most of the stuff I found seems to be cross-contaminated with lots of other stuff)

Not giving up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36460728

Eva Carneiro 'rejected £1.2m Chelsea settlement'
    So. It really isn't about the money, and all about forcing acceptance of liability in open court then?

Eva Carneiro latest

Oh.

And

The football club's legal team said it would show the club had taken these steps only because it believed that it was "in no-one's interests that this dispute should be determined through litigation".
    Except in the interests of football.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Unless it's about mo' money

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

The question of whether 1.2m is a lot of money, or enough money, is entirely down to perspective, surely?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Good for her. Hope she screws millions out of them.

Chelsea's legal team are apparently trying to character-assassinate her this afternoon at the tribunal as a publicity-hungry witch. Exhibit A: she nominated a player for the Ice Bucket Challenge (?!?!?!?!). Exhibit B: she supposedly liked to position herself behind Mourinho during matches that were live on TV.

This is what you're dealing with.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Is Mourinho's influence at Chelsea still so strong that they feel compelled to engage in this self-defeating behaviour?

Are they afraid that they will lose out on Mendes players if they don't play along?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Chelsea and Mourinho will also argue that Carneiro would still be in her job if she had not resigned and said that she had been “provocative” and “refused to engage in steps to rebuild her relationship with Mourinho”
              Er.... that is madness.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

ursus arctos wrote: Is Mourinho's influence at Chelsea still so strong that they feel compelled to engage in this self-defeating behaviour?
                Chelsea signed something that meant they assumed all Mourinho's liabilities in the case, didn't they? That stops them distancing themselves from him.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

If they did, then they should also be able to conduct Mourinho's defence, which would mean settling it.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

They offered a rather large settlement, by reports. Caniero rejected it, she wants her day in court, she wants him to face up to his behaviour rather than wave money at it to make it go away. And an apology. I'm not sure this is going to work, I'm wondering if he will even show up, seeing as the maximum possible punishment for not doing so is a fine of £1000.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

There's no risk of a default judgement if he fails to appear?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

He is being represented, via Chelsea. Therefore he is there as a defendant even if he isn't physically present (he wasn't today, with no indication that this was a problem). What is wanted is his evidence as a witness, and that is where the £1000 max comes in.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Isn't the claim against Chelsea Football Club?

She wasn't personally employed by Mourinho.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

The claim is against both Chelsea and Mourinho personally. I don't exactly understand how he was individually named because, as you say, it was Chelsea that employed her.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

ursus arctos wrote: Isn't the claim against Chelsea Football Club?

She wasn't personally employed by Mourinho.
                              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36460728

The claim for constructive dismissal is against Chelsea

Dr Carneiro is claiming constructive dismissal against the football club.
                              She is bringing a separate case against Mourinho

She is also bringing a separate legal action against Jose Mourinho, who left Chelsea in December, for alleged victimisation and discrimination.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Given that, I think he needs to show up if he intends to put on a defence to that claim.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

I know someone who knows her. Apparently her dream job was to work as a team doctor so I quite understand her wanting to damage the man who destroyed the dream she had worked so hard towards.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

I wonder is ed woodward happy with all the tweets about this?

I'm sure this will be a huge story on social media.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Unfortunately a significant number of those reacting to it on social media are going to be doing so in a rather unenlightened way.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

I am not that interested in this really but this quote did make me curious.

"The Oxford University professor Simao Valente, described as an expert in Portuguese swearing, will give evidence. "

'An expert in Portuguese swearing"? Is there an English language version? Can you get a PHD in it? Why am I wasting time on Education Studies?

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Bordeaux Education wrote: "The Oxford University professor Simao Valente, described as an expert in Portuguese swearing, will give evidence."
                                          I used to work with someone who'd sometimes be called as an expert witness. He was an 'expert' on a surprising number of things.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: I wonder is ed woodward happy with all the tweets about this?
                                            Manchester United, one of the few top level Men's clubs that doesn't run a Women's team and hasn't done for many years? A club that whose replica Women's shirts for the past season came complete with low cut neckline? I can't see the powers that be at Old Trafford losing a great deal of sleep about being associated with a Man who apparently shares their views on Women's place in Football.

The ill-treatment of Eva Carniero seems unlikely to become a cause célèbre amongst their fans, either. Not that Man Utd fans are exactly alone in that one, but the line halfway through that report that When the incidents at Old Trafford and the Emirates were originally reported, the claims were dismissed again shows that the people in charge aren't particularly bothered by it.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                              Originally posted by Bordeaux Education
                                              "The Oxford University professor Simao Valente, described as an expert in Portuguese swearing, will give evidence."
                                              I used to work with someone who'd sometimes be called as an expert witness. He was an 'expert' on a surprising number of things.
                                              The definition of an expert witness is the person who knows the most about at subject in the courtroom at that particular time, isn't it? That doesn't seem the highest of bars.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

I expect they phoned a nearby university and asked if anyone considered themselves an authority on swearing.

Comment

Eva Carneiro latest

Apparently calling someone son of a whore in Portuguese isn't so bad according to this witness. Perhaps he's not so much of an expert after all as I'd say it's pretty fucking offensive.

Edit: it was the Chelsea lawyer who said it was no big deal and wasn't sexist.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X