• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copa America: Gr A (USA, COL, CR, PAR)

GROUP A

Teams: USA, Colombia, Costa Rica, Paraguay

Schedule:
    R1 - USA v. Colombia (Santa Clara), Costa Rica v. Paraguay (Orlando)

R2 - USA v. Costa Rica (Chicago), Colombia v. Paraguay (Pasadena)

R3 - USA v. Paraguay (Philadelphia), Colombia v. Costa Rica

Kits:

USA:

Grade: C-

Colombia:

Big change, with white being the primary kit

Traditional home being the change kit

Grade: A

Costa Rica:

Grade: B

Paraguay

Unchanged

Grade: B/B-

Prediction - the hardest group to call. Any of the 4 have the quality to advance. Colombia haven't had an easy time of it lately. James Rodriquez might be playing for a transfer to get off of the bench in Madrid, and they'll have something to prove.

Costa Rica haven't followed up on their 2014 well either, and with no Keylor Navas, they might be on the bottom.

Paraguay finished 3rd last summer, and they've had some decent results in World Cup qualifying recently.

Klinsmann is coaching for his job. Lucky for him the USA has had some good recent results. He's given Nagbe and Pulisic a chance lately, and it's paid off. I don't think he will start them. He's thankfully put Yedlin back in a fullback role. And they get their toughest game out of the way first.

Colombia and the US to advance.

Looking forward to this. US v Colombia at 9pmE / 6pmP / 2am UK.

*Contrary to a certain cartoonist, there are no reports of Pitbull sightings.

Comment

This Fernando Fiore is a bit of a 'character*'.

*Other descriptive words are available.

Comment

Crowd shots, Two guys [strike]one cup[/strike]. One with an AC Milan shirt, one with a Bayern shirt.

Here we go.

Comment

1-0 Colombia after 8 minutes. Zapata.

USA not showing too much, but greater possession. Colombia content to sit back and soak it up.

Comment

Ugh, Fox Sports are doing the Univision-style picture shrink to show an ad on the screen.

Comment

USA with a good chance but a poor cross by Yedlin goes over everyone. Lucky that James tripped over his own feet on the break, the US only had about 2 back.

Comment

Penalty to Colombia. Definite handball, but accidental.

Comment

Bummer. 2-0 James.

Comment

Yedlin stupidly raises his arms to knock a cross down in the box, James scores a penalty. I saw a butterfly or moth flying in front of him before he shot. Was wondering if we'd get to see another grasshopper.

Comment

Now that I look properly, there are a shitload of flying things.

Comment

Colombia certainly not 2 goals better. But I think that they are coasting a bit.

Comment

The highlight for me is the scenic views from the blimp. Looks really nice there.

Comment

First 20 of the second half have been much more interesting. And I forgot that the Colombian goalie is Arsenal.

Comment

Colombia just beginning to overrun the Americans. Bacca almost breaks the bar.

I thought Budweiser were now known as America. Does that mean it's the United States of Bud?

Comment

Well, that was a little disappointing from the States.

Comment

Leave Bobby Wood and Clint on the bench, start Pulisic and Nagbe.

Bradley was very bad.

Comment

USA were really not very good. I was expecting something more from them, which was a bit daft given everything I read pre-tournament about them suggested they've not been much cop lately.

Costa Rica v Paraguay tomorrow is unlikely to be pretty, but should be interesting. And after this evening, might very well decide who goes through behind Colombia.

Comment

They had been better in the two recent friendlies. I was dumb hoping those made any real difference.

Bradley is capable of having those kind of games, where he makes a bad pass, then runs around like a headless chicken trying to win the ball back. Dempsey had two good chances, but apart from that offered little else.

It's just depressing that after years of Klinsmann, we're no closer to having any sort of identity or style of play. The players aren't getting better. Comparing the team now to the 2002 team, maybe 2 or 3 guys now would get in ahead of players back then, but we were undoubtedly better, and it's depressing to think that 2002 was the highlight of the past 30 years of US soccer instead of the start of better things to come.

Comment

Inca's my mouthpiece.

I'm loving this first 2-3 minutos of Paraguay-Ticos.

Half-Empty Stadium, Full Noise and Full Heart.

Comment

This is not riveting.

Comment

Oh, but it is.

(as in it's like watching rivets that have been riveted.)

Selfishly, it's the best result for the ol' Estados Unidos.

But that's being real selfish, because I wouldn't have wished anything other from minute 5-92' on anyone.

Comment

So, Team USA are about to play Costa Rica, in a VITAL contest.

Really, they need to win, and a loss may say goodbye to Klinsmann. I predict a lively, exciting contest. But this probably won't be it.

Comment

Major miskick from Yedlin, who has looked mince so far, and Campbell mullers it just wide. 5 mins gone.

Comment

Ground is fairly empty, surprisingly.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X