Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in my lifetime - Weekend Matchgoing

Slovan Bratislava B-Kosice, Slovakia 2nd Division, Promotion Play-Offs

60 minutes had passed without anything of importance going on. Two chances (one for each team) followed and then Kosice took the lead, scoring with a rebound header after another header had hit the crossbar. A penalty doubled their lead while a Slovan goal 9 minutes from time ensured a tense finale. The away side defended calmly for all 3 points. Attendance around 60, no away fans, free entrancem glorious sunshine. Might do Karlova Ves- FA Bratislava later this afternoon.

Comment

Leicester - West Ham
      Oh, who be a referee? Poor guy. EVERYONE wanted to do bad things to him.

Comment

thanosleeds wrote: 99% guy was working for a betting company. I once had an offer from a company like that to cover basketball matches in Greece.
        I find this sort of thing brilliant and bizarre at the same time. I've an Android app on my phone, which gives me live updates and stats on German Regionalliga (Div 4) games, many of them with crowds of less than 1,000.

Comment

thanosleeds wrote:

99% guy was working for a betting company. I once had an offer from a company like that to cover basketball matches in Greece.
          Thanks for that. He had to work for his money though - he was tipping away at it for the whole game. I can't imagine it is too lucrative either, as with SP's post below, there were only a couple of thousand at this game.

Comment

Leicester Nirvana drew 2-2 with a Northampton Spencer that are likely to fold at the end of the season. Nirvana were two goals up after about twenty minutes and should really have gone on to win very comfortably, but they seemed far more interested in passing the ball around than adding to their score. This cost them as the referee awarded Spencer a very dodgy looking penalty, although about a minute later he didn't give them a penalty for what looked a much more blatant handball. The visitors equalised shortly into the second half and probably came closest to getting a winner, despite the home side dominating the possession. Nirvana now lead the league only on goal difference.

Nirvana moved in with Highfield Rangers at the start of the season and have plonked in a couple of Atcost stands to meet ground grading requirements. In case of a dull game you can watch the trains going along behind the dugouts.

Comment

Medium Wave wrote:
              Originally posted by thanosleeds

99% guy was working for a betting company. I once had an offer from a company like that to cover basketball matches in Greece.
              Thanks for that. He had to work for his money though - he was tipping away at it for the whole game. I can't imagine it is too lucrative either, as with SP's post below, there were only a couple of thousand at this game.
              I'd second that. My mate used to get 60€ a match to do it for Clermont Foot in Ligue 2 in France. I was offered a job to do ASSE matches for 100€ per game but I'd rather enjoy it.

Zamudio 2-1 Santutxu

A classy Zamudio team got a lucky a penalty to make it 2-0 thus killing the game and securing their place in the end of season play-offs for promotion. Nice little ground. A few pics here for anyone interested.

Deusto 1-0 CD Getxo

This game was very dull but the win saw Deusto secure their Terceras División status. The game did come to life in the last 2 minutes when a scuffle on the pitch resulted in a Getxo sub being sent off from the bench.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. Whenever I go there I always find myself gravitating towards one of the corners as you feel closer to the action there.

Comment

Working...
                X