The Sheikdown - CL QF 2nd legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like fuck they are. They're a pack of pirate pricks flying under the jorge mendes flag.

Comment

like fuck they are. They're a pack of pirate pricks flying under the jorge mendes flag.
      ĦATLETI! ĦATLETI! ATLETICO DE MADRID
      ĦATLETI! ĦATLETI! ATLETICO DE MADRID

Comment

Do you have anything a little less piratey, for Berbaslug..?

We have this Manchester team, in a sky blue..?

Comment

I'll say it again... If Neuer was not German he'd be just another keeper at just another club. What the fuck was he doing, that was the most bizarre thing I have seen a goalkeeper do in a long time.

The threat of jail time seems to be getting Messi down.

Comment

matt j wrote: I've only been watching for 30 minutes or so, but how good has Felipe Luis been?
            Yep. Scolari is a fool. Also didn't bring Miranda to the world cup.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Atletico played magnificently, and there's an awful lot to admire about so much of what simeone has done, but there's an awful lot of repugnant things about atletico, so this idea of them representing some sort of "ethical alternative" is way off the mark.

Comment

They're a grim watch and not at all loveable, but hey.
                I'm particularly pleased for Turan, though.
                The thought of him ending up with no medals this season tickles me.

Comment

Hoping for a Bayern-City / Atletico-Real semifinals.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: like fuck they are. They're a pack of pirate pricks flying under the jorge mendes flag.
                    I hope it's clear I was being ironic.The notion that anyone might want one particular team not to win the CL on ethical grounds then choose Atleti as a suitable victor is pretty laughable.

Edit - sorry, TAB actually stated the same earlier.

Comment

That first Benfica goal was a classic sensi soccer goal. Some bizarre decisions in those games too - no idea how Iniesta or Martinez weren't sent off.

Comment

Neuer.

What is he doing here. I think he's realised that he's totally missed the ball, so he then decides to do a superman impression to at least make it look like he's doing something proactive. Perhaps just standing still in the wrong place would not have looked as bad.

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote: All four quarter-finals finished 3-2 on aggregate - this pleases me more than is strictly necessary or indeed strictly healthy.
                          An affliction which is by no means unique...

Comment

Barcelona looked knackered to me. Once in a while, their playing (and commercial?) schedule seems to burn them out. Atletico looked sharper and hungrier.

All-Spanish final (again) would be my prediction, draw permitting. If Pep has to play Man City in the semi, what does he do: refuse to celebrate if Bayern win? Cry off sick in the away leg?

Does Pellegrini depart a hero no matter what happens from here, despite probably finishing 4th in the league in a very weak year?

Comment

There is a lot of noise in both Catalunya and Argentina that Messi has been suffering from muscular issues for several weeks, with some sources saying that he went to Italy for treatment last week.

Comment

Barcelona looked knackered to me. Once in a while, their playing (and commercial?) schedule seems to burn them out. Atletico looked sharper and hungrier.

Even Suarez is back flying around and getting the shit kicked out of him for uruguay again. But Perhaps barcelona looked tired, but atletico defended heroically, and managed to do it for 90 minutes, in spite of having to drag their enormous randy marsh spacehopper sized balls around with them.

Comment

Man City v Real Madrid

(I'll let you work out the other one)

Comment

Comment

Hands up anyone who thought Bayern and Real would be kept apart and both play at home in the second legs?

Comment

Boo... Any combo but that one.

Comment

The winners of Man City v Real Madrid will be the designated 'home' team for the final.

Comment

It wasn't fixed. It wasn't seeded. Just the way the draw happened. Again.

Comment

Bent refereeing, players off their tits, pre-rigged draws. Isn't the Champions League great all the same.

Comment

And it all starts again on 12 July (28 June for the Welsh and other minnows). Our old friends Rosenborg and Zalgiris have already booked their places, along with Dundalk, BATE, Norkopping an a couple of Nordic abbreviations, Liepaja, Astana and Fradi.

Comment

Working...
                                                X