The Sheikdown - CL QF 2nd legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we are then, MCFC v PSG and Real v Wolfsburg.

Nobody can work out PSG's formation it seems.

Real Madrid have put one on top of the crossbar already. [strike]Scotland[/strike] Wolfsburg are creaking but not breaking just yet.

Comment

Christiano Ronaldo with the 1-0 after 15 minutes. That's way too early.

Comment

Two in a minute from CR, game over.

Comment

FFS, Wolfsburg, get it together.

Comment

Two pieces of shocking defending by Wolfsburg. First Naldo didn't clear a simple ball which reached Ronaldo, then Guilavogui loses him at a corner for number two.

This has every appearance of ending up about 5-0.

Comment

game over
              I hope you were either being ironic, or trying to jinx Real. That makes it 2-2 on aggregate of course.

Comment

Wolfsburg look absolutely terrified.

Comment

Evariste Euler Gauss wrote:
                  game over
                  I hope you were either being ironic, or trying to jinx Real. That makes it 2-2 on aggregate of course.
                  Nah, I think Wolfsburg look like they could let in a bucketload. I'm sure Real might concede but they look good to outscore their opponents from here.

They actually had three chances in the minute they scored in, only a last ditch header stopped CR from scoring but he managed it from the resulting corner.

Comment

Phew.

Comment

I love seeing herberts behind a goal photographing/filming their team miss a penalty on their phones.

Comment

I guess Trapp dove in the right direction, that might have factored in Aguero missing the PK.

Comment

Why do PSG have a german goalkeeper who has never played for the national team? and what is wrong with sirigu?

Comment

Good question TAB, I guess it was up to Blanc, and I disagree with that decision, Sirigu is the best Italian keeper right now. He is slated to leave the club this summer. The backup is going to be 23yo Alphonse Aréola, currently on loan to Villareal, he's supposedly done well there.

Comment

Jesus Navas couldn't finish his dinner.

Comment

The Champions League final last year was won by a team widely considered the best in the world (by some margin) fielding a German keeper (throughout the competition) who had four Nationalelf appearances at that point, and who's just moved up to second choice (if that). Trapp is currently fourth choice.

Comment

to be honest, that's kind of standard of keeper that you'd expect barcelona to have.

Comment

Is Andre Schurrle the most Scottish-looking German of all time?

I still reckon Wolfsburg will score. And there's always the likelihood of Ramos taking someone out while last man (as he did in the first half - after the whistle had gone, alas), or you know, pulling his shorts down and waving his balls in the referee's face or something. An inadequate 3-1 is not out of the question.

Still: nightmare ticket of Drury and Savage on BT Showcase. The second half will have to be good to keep me from going and making my tea.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: that's kind of standard of keeper that you'd expect barcelona to have.
                                      Absolutely. The ball-playing kind who ends up contributing to their many, many trophies. It's no coincidence that Ferguson tried to stymie Barcelona in a certain CL final by instructing his players to mark Barcelona's probable targets from Valdés kicks - not that it mattered much after the first goal went in.

Comment

Man City v PSG is just a shockingly poor quality match, every single minute of play seems to produce the most basic of errors.

Comment

It's raining goals, both ties 3-2 now.

Comment

KdB scores, City will go though, tentative defending by PSG.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: It's raining goals, both ties 3-2 now.
                                              My stream needs to pick up the pace, I guess.

Comment

Complete joke if PSG can't get through here.

Real Madrid are cruising through.

Comment

The Wolfsburg wall for the free kick was probably the most pathetic wall in the history of walls.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X