Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly there. Midweek Matchgoing.

jameswba wrote: Zilina 1 Slovan Bratislava 1

Slovan progress to the Slovak Cup final on away goals following this second leg tie. It was 0-0 in Bratislava last week.

Proper cup-tie feel about last night's game. Both sides wanted it badly, there was a fair bit of imprecision about the play, with odd moments of good football. Slovan's goal came from sub Filip Orsula's first touch of the ball.

Slovan v Trencin in the final in Trnava, and Trencin have to win. As far as I know, they have the only avowedly anti-racist fan group in Slovakia. Meanwhile, Slovan fans were doing monkey chants at Zilina right-back Ernest Mabouka last night. Not that you'd hear anything about that from Slovak media.

Could get nasty at the final, as it's being played in Trnava, and Spartak, the local club there, hate Slovan's guts.
    Any idea when the final will take place? I'd love to go and see Trnava's new stadium.

Comment

Friday 29th April, apparently. Not sure what time, but can come back on and confirm.

The new stadium is worth a visit. I was there for Slovakia-Latvia on Easter Friday, but I'm not up for sharing a ground with Slovan fans again just yet.

Comment

I think I'm off to Waltham Forest v Basildon United in the Essex Senior League tonight, promotion and relegation (unlikely though I believe that eventuality actually is) on the line.

Comment

mirko bolesan wrote: Having a terrible pitch and a wet winter means Bracknell Town are fitting in as many games as possible before the season conclusion next week, so it's another Sat, Tue, Thur, Sat week. Tuesday evening is Thatcham Town at home, Thursday being Royal Wootton Bassett at home.

A heavy schedule, but they've not got it as bad as Brimscombe & Thrupp who finish the season with five games in seven days. The last of which is a Cup Final.
          Again, ridiculous to finish the season so early. Just when the weather's getting nice to go to football, they decide to stop.

Yes yes, I know about paying players for a few extra weeks etc.

Comment

Battle for 15th in the NLP Div 1 South between Carlton and Kidsgrove, who also meet on the final day in 10 days time.

Comment

jameswba wrote: Meanwhile, Slovan fans were doing monkey chants at Zilina right-back Ernest Mabouka last night. Not that you'd hear anything about that from Slovak media.
              I can take the bit about the media back. It was reported on at least one sports news site. The referee included the chants in his report too, so Slovak FA will have to (look like they'll) do something.

Comment

mirko bolesan wrote: Having a terrible pitch and a wet winter means Bracknell Town are fitting in as many games as possible before the season conclusion next week, so it's another Sat, Tue, Thur, Sat week. Tuesday evening is Thatcham Town at home, Thursday being Royal Wootton Bassett at home.

A heavy schedule, but they've not got it as bad as Brimscombe & Thrupp who finish the season with five games in seven days. The last of which is a Cup Final.
                Due to having a pitch under water for much of the last few months (nine postponements in February and March alone), Chessington & Hook United have got to play thirteen games in just under four weeks between April 5th and May 2nd.

Comment

I had planned to go to Old Boltonians tonight but visitors Chaddertonians announced in the afternoon that they couldn't raise a team. So instead I headed up the Ribble Valley to the village of Grindleton where Earby Town were the visitors. Entertaining game on a rough pitch, although the skill level was what you'd expect for the bottom two sides in the Craven & District Premier Division. Ended up 4-2 to Earby, although Grindleton hit the bar twice in the last few minutes. Lovely views over to Pendle Hill.

Comment

jameswba wrote: Friday 29th April, apparently. Not sure what time, but can come back on and confirm.

The new stadium is worth a visit. I was there for Slovakia-Latvia on Easter Friday, but I'm not up for sharing a ground with Slovan fans again just yet.
                    I plan to go there for Slovakia-Northern Ireland. If work commitments do not interfere I will go to the cup final. Wonder if there will be a stand for neutral fans (or at least Trnava people showing their hatred towards Slovan).

Comment

I ducked out of Waltham Forest v Basildon last night as I was ill.

Had planned to see Chessington & Hook v Horley Town tonight but I have now found out that the home team's pitch is still fucked and they are having to nomadically wander around for their huge backlog games.

Tuesday's was played at Molesey as a neutral venue and tonight's has been switched to the "away" team's ground.

Looks like I will break my Hellenic League duck and head to Bracknell Town v Wootton Bassett Town. Given I will be training it to that area I'll feel like BB&F!.

Which reminds me, where is he? Has his move up north taken him off the grid?

Comment

Aye, there's no internet up north...

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: Given I will be training it to that area I'll feel like BB&F!.

Which reminds me, where is he? Has his move up north taken him off the grid?
                          Last I heard he was on a bash with RPSI.

Comment

Wroughton v Chippenham Park Development

Comment

IronSeaPower wrote: Aylesbury FC v Aylesbury United.

... El-Quackiko ...
                              Hahahahahahaha. That's truly excellent.

Comment

BB&F, do you administer the keepers_towels twitter thingy?

I have discovered a historic picture of me carrying my towel pre-match at Hinckley, unfortunately as this was pre-social media it's the only towel related pic I have of me, despite always having a towel hung on the right side of my net.

Comment

Wroughton 0 v Chippenham Park Development 4, Wiltshire Senior League.

This was a bit of a fill in move as I happened to be back in Swindon for the evening.

For the concerned above, I yet to have broadband in my Northern abode, so the 36 new grounds scratched in the six weeks I have been up there are but memories on my phone. April 29 is the date for freedom.

Anyway, a walk after work took me down the old canal, onto the old railway, onto the Devizes road, over the M4, and into Wroughton.

First stop was the Carters Rest, the excellent village GBG for a Gloucester; Priory Pale and Spring Deity, and a Loose Cannon – Recoil.

All to soon it was time to head off for the sociable kick off time of 1815, following this OK-Go extra.

Weir Field, named after Doddie, the 1990s rugger Taggart.

Some great bespoke ironmongery.

The ground is enclosed, and has hard standing and railing on two and a half sides.

The remaining side being shared with the cricket pitch

The meagre facilities are down one side.

Forms of transport to get to and around grounds that only complete cunts would use; #1 in a series yet to be defined.

Meanwhile, on the other touchline, the Wiltshire remake of ET was in production.

The greatest feature of the ground was its seating. This consisted of woodwork benches honed in to memorials to the local RAF Wroughton.
                                  1. Airbus 380

2. Bartini Beriev VVA-14

3. HZ-1 Aerocycle

The pitch was shit.

The goalkeepers ill dressed and suspect.

The rather temporary technical areas didn’t offer and great insight.

But eventually Chipenham (who are in effect the reserve team of Chippenham Town reserves) scored. They then scored three more to win 0-4

With the time nearing eight o’clock, the game ended in near darkness.

My move was on the 49 Trowbridge – Swindon bus, which was reassuringly advertising for the Pauline Quirke academy of performing arts, which is expanding into Swindon. We might yet get the next Diana Doors/Mark Lamar/Billie Piper/Dean Ashton.

Local times.

Comment

The-Reverend wrote: BB&F, do you administer the keepers_towels twitter thingy?

I have discovered a historic picture of me carrying my towel pre-match at Hinckley, unfortunately as this was pre-social media it's the only towel related pic I have of me, despite always having a towel hung on the right side of my net.
                                    Yes.

All submissions gladly received on account of no fucker actually having a towel due to it being so dry since I launched it. For reasons unknown, 12 followers joined today. It seems to be something to do with football 365, which the football board on this site seems to be rapidly descending towards the level of.

Comment

I mentioned it on 365 when a fellow keeper reminisced about hanging a towel in his net. My fault I'm afraid.

Anyway, here it is (I'm not on Twitter)

Match was Hinckley Utd Reserves v Mickleover Sports Reserves, from memory we won 3-2 and I conceded a penalty, circa 2004/5

Comment

Many thanks. I will get it posted and credit yourself.

BTW, nothing wrong with F365, just didn't expect this board to duplicate it.

Comment

Nerd alert:

BBand F I'd suggest the planes might be:

1 Horsa Glider
                                          2 Beaufighter
                                          3 Whirlwind

Love the posts.

Comment

The best night at Anfield for me, that.
                                            Clearly, going for a pre-match pint with Third Rate Leszno is an auspicious thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                                            X