Hi Honey, I'm Home! Scottish Fitba 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMMS wrote: Hang about, when did OTF start supporting poorly run, financial basket cases being propped up by 'soft' loans (we'll see how soft they turn out to be) and whose auditors refused to work with them last year and whose new auditors reported "material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt about the company's ability to continue as a going concern, and therefore its ability to realise its assets and discharge its liabilities in the normal course of business.", over a well-run, rear-your-own, live-within-your-means, carrying no debt, community club like Hamilton?

Aside from any personal amusement I might be taking from Dundee Utd's current plight we should be celebrating Hamilton Accies as a model all of Scottish football should be following. The good guys won for a change.
    Going back to what AAMS was saying, totally agree that we shouldn’t have any sympathy with Dundee Utd. My concern about them not getting promoted was purely from a St Mirren point of view, where I know those buggers will continue to spend money they don’t have to get automatic promotion next season. A view reinforced by this article from The Courier

Continuing the Dundee theme, Saints have managed to successfully tell the Dens Park board to “fuck off” regarding hiring Jack Ross as manager. So Neil McCann has done a u-turn to become Dundee’s permanent manager after all, thus ending a few days of confusion and needlessly distracting another club.

Comment

Accies suffer from lack of support but they should be applauded for running themselves in a sustainable manner, it's not there fault that a 3000 crowd and free players are good enough to survive in the SPL. Aberdeen can come second with the 5th highest support and one bought player. Accies also have a very good youth system and are bought in to a community outreach programme. Dutd on the other hand blew their gains from player sales and are skint by dint of overspending and poor management, it happens apparently.
      On the Dons. It looks like Hayes will join McGinn as a big miss and hard to replace. Celtic are back in for him and he will surely go there if no better offer is received. DM (?) will have £1m more to spend than any Aberdeen manager has had for about 30 years but I can't see how we will get near their quality. Big changes required, should be interesting.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40156934Well that's it official, nobody did anything wrong, everything was above board and squeaky clean.

I can only assume that the jury decided it wasn't fraud because Sir David Murray and everyone at Lloyds bank knew exactly what Craig Whyte was doing and how he was funding it.

The more you learn about what goes on 'behind the scenes' in football the more you fall out of love with it.

Comment

James Doleman was live-tweeting the entire trial and his summary on why Whyte was found not guilty is at https://www.byline.com/project/72/article/1712

I can only assume that the jury decided it wasn't fraud because Sir David Murray and everyone at Lloyds bank knew exactly what Craig Whyte was doing and how he was funding it.
          Not quite. It seems that the jury decided that Murray was so desperate to sell that he was going to sell anyway, no matter how it was being funded. The evidence certainly appeared to point towards them not caring because Murray needed it off his hands as soon as possible.

Comment

Following the stream of comments about us, as OTF's resident Arab I could say "Away an' shite the lot o' yez!" (except Blameless, cos he has a right- I was at the play-off in 96, and on the pitch afterwards and on the piss all night afterwards and at the bakery at the top of the Hulltoon for the freshest of fresh bridies at 4 a.m. and on the 1st train to Sunderland next morn with no sleep, to get there to invigilate an exam, sitting opposite a canoodling Alan Cummings and Saffron Burrows...all of which shows that I KNOW they were robbed, or I wouldn't have celebrated in remotely that style**)

but the idea we are some kind of Scottish Forest Green fuckin Rovers while Hibs' ability to miraculously sign Celtic (imagine that) loanees any time any place anywhere passed without comment.

And whoever said it is right that Hibs to finish 2nd is a good bet. The fuckin cunts.

(**NB this is the first time since Billy Mackenzie first emerged from his chrysalis that the Hulltoon and style have been linked in the same sentence)

Comment

We need a Scottish Fitba 17-18 thread, but I'm too dull to think of a snappy title....

In the meantime, McInnes is staying at the Dons despite serious interest from Sunderland, although Hayes has gone to Celtic (we get Christie on loan for a season as part of the deal). Rangers are signing some Portuguese lads, and their fans are buying their kits again after a bit of a boycott. Boyce, the top scorer in the top league last season has signed for Burton fucking Albion, and Barnsley have got Liam Lindsay from Thistle.

Comment

This shouldn't die until I point out I was at the Bridgeview Cup final on Friday night.

Leven United 2 - Kinross 0 at Kennoway Star Hearts ground. That's got to be the last game of 16/17 surely? There with a friends son who plays for Leven who gave me his winners trophy, I'm like a wee laddie with that thing, fascinates me more than any lump of plastic should do to a 48 year old.

Comment

Working...
                X