Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams heroically playing in their proper colours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Belgium were playing in their first choice colours this game would be a lot easier to follow.

On wide shots you can only tell the difference by checking shorts and socks.

Comment

The highlights of Luton v Accrington weren't too pleasing :

The home team's orange is too much at the red end of the spectrum, not the amber one.

It would help if Accrington's stripes were on the back of their short too, of course.

Comment

I'm going to Luton-D&R in the week. I'm mildly red/green colourblind and struggle a bit with red vs green under floodlights. It seems unlikely Dagenham would turn out in red (our yellow and black away kit shouldn't clash with orange) but if they do I suspect I'm not going to be able to see a thing.

Comment

Bracknell vs Wokingham & Emmbrook.
          Both clubs wearing first choice kit.

It's fine when you're at the game, I sometimes wonder whether it's trickier on TV to tell the teams apart (obviously not something you have to worry about in the Hellenic League).

Comment

Oh, it's definitely more of an issue with TV footage of a game than being there live. Even then, clashes like Bath v Bishop's Stortford and some of the orange/tangerine/satsuma and red ones above are too much.

Comment

Agree - the England v Belgium game was difficult enough to watch in HD. Anyone watching in standard def must have given themselves a migraine.

But still images show a difference more akin to how it must have been if you were at Rotherham's stadium whatever they call it this week.

Comment

Yeah, the England v Belgium clash looks much worse viewed on a screen than it did live in the ground. To be honest I didn't clock the similarity of colours and spent far more time admiring the enormous numbers Belgium were sporting.

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote: Rotherham's stadium whatever they call it this week.
                  Fuck right off. It's the New York Stadium. Always has been, always will.

Comment

So good they named it once.

Comment

Zwolle will be playing in as far from their usual colours as possible for the 20th April match against NEC.

The “special one off kit” is being worn as the town is hosting Koningsdag just after the NEC game. I will be as far away from Zwolle as possible on Koningsdag.

Comment

According to furthestcity.com, that point would be Dunedin, New Zealand.

Comment

Dunedin must be the furthest away city for most of Europe...

Comment

Probably. It's a long way to go to avoid King's Day, that's for sure.

Comment

Bordeaux Education wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the heroes of Gosport Borough playing in blue and white stripes against the black and white stripes of the mighty Romans of Bath City.

As a poor colourblind bugger that seems fine to me. But Red and white stripes with black and white stripes is a nightmare

http://cottagers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/when-do-clashing-shirts-not-clash.html

I used to play for Man United Supporters Club in London and I had to ask the captain if we could wear white when we had a match against Plymouth as I couldn't tell the difference.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                                Originally posted by Trois Fois Un Rouge
                                Rotherham's stadium whatever they call it this week.
                                Fuck right off. It's the New York Stadium. Always has been, always will.
                                I was being facetious about how many stadia (usually new builds but increasingly happening with the traditional grounds) have names used by the fans that unfortunately no longer tally with what the marketing team have saddled them with.

Who the fuck are AESSEAL anyway... in a rhetorical sense, I mean (just in case someone tried to reply with "Google them").

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote: Who the fuck are AESSEAL anyway...
                                  Nobody has a fucking clue. And no-one cares as no-one says it. A bit like Wealdstone's ground apparently being called the Freebet.co.uk stadium, a fact which is utterly ignored by the fans.

Comment

It's possible that there will be a few more betting companies sponsoring stadia in the next couple of years as the new FL deal with Sky Bet has raised the threshold for rival betting brands getting involved with clubs so that it's now shirt sponsorship or stadium sponsorship.

Comment

Hibs v Dundee Utd semi will please the traditionalists.

It's not pleasing me so far, though.

Comment

Working...
                                      X