X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. of your team's live games shown on free telly

Rotherham United - 0

Isn't part of the Sky deal that they have to be featured live at least once per season?

Comment

*free*

Comment

Oh yeah. Key word, right there.

Well, on 'free' TV that accounts for the vast majority of teams this past season.

Comment

What's the time frame of your stat GO?

Is it not every team which has not had an FA Cup tie televised?

Comment

Carlisle managed it twice. The first time was our first trip to Wembley for the Auto Windscreens final against Birmingham, and Border showed it live (probably cos Central were showing it so they didn't have to go to much effort) - they even replayed extensive highlights on the Monday evening so those who'd gone to Wembley could watch it back.

The second time was when ITV had the Football League rights, and I think I'm right in saying they agreed a one off price with the League and it was up to the regions to decide how much they made use of the deal (with little additional costs other than production). Regions with several FL teams like Tyne Tees and Granada went to town on it, but Border cashed in this privilege only once, showing a home game vs Wycombe. It was such a novelty that I stayed at home and watched it on TV, despite going to every other home game that season.

Comment

Who televised the Cup tie against Everton earlier this year?

Comment

The not free BT.

Comment

Just the one for Bradford City as far as I know. The fucking awful FA cup tie at Reading last year.

Comment

Pedantic quibble, but no telly is free. You need to buy a licence to watch any of it.

Comment

Janik wrote: Pedantic quibble, but no telly is free. You need to buy a licence to watch any of it.
                      Meh, there's that laptop loophole isn't there. My brother didn't have a licence for ages.

Comment

Two.

'97 League Cup semi 1st leg (whole country)
                        '97 League Cup semi 2nd leg (just Granada and Tyne-Tees)

Comment

Definitely twice, possibly thrice

Away v Bristol Rovers D4 2001 (ITV - Westcountry and HTV)
                          Home v Everton - FA Cup 2005 (BBC)

Home v Watford - FA Cup 2007 (unsure about this one - it was on a Sunday at 6pm so was certainly televised).

Comment

Scunthorpe's FA Cup 1st Round game at Forest Green last season was available "on the red button" on BBC.

I think that's it.

We lost a play off final in 1992 to Blackpool, and it seems incredible now to think that a Wembley final wouldn't have been shown live, but I doubt it was. Probably 30 minutes of highlights with John Helm late that night.

Comment

More Premier League games are on non-cable/satellite TV networks than MLS games in the US

Comment

Also true for the Bundesliga and Champions League

Comment

Twice for Tamworth in the FA Cup.
                                  v Norwich 2006/07 (BBC)
                                  v Bristol City 2013/14 (ITV)

Both presented by Adrian fucking Chiles.

Comment

A few of York's cup ties have been on Sky down the (last 25) years, while in our first stint in the Conference both Setanta and Premier Sports had live coverage (which resulted in assorted Thursday night trips to Torquay etc.), but I don't think we've ever made it onto terrestrial.

Comment

Shrewsbury have had 2 this year. Both FA Cup games. Away at Cardiff was on S4C. Home to Manchester United was on BBC1.

The game away at Grimsby was also televised on satellite TV.

Comment

Think the last one was the FA Cup replay against Brighton we lost on penalties in 2012, it was on S4C. There might have been the odd Conference or FA Trophy game since on that channel but I can't remember seeing them.

Comment

All of our live matches were on Sky, IIRC.

Comment

jwdd27 wrote: Scunthorpe's FA Cup 1st Round game at Forest Green last season was available "on the red button" on BBC.
                                            Weren't they televised in the next round too, a replay with a record penalty shoot-out, though probably not 'free' TV.

Comment

jwdd27 wrote: Scunthorpe's FA Cup 1st Round game at Forest Green last season was available "on the red button" on BBC.

I think that's it.
                                              Our 2010 FA Cup 4th Round game at home to Manchester City was on ITV.

Comment

Quite a few in the Granada days, there was an article in the programme about televised games, I'll see if I can find it.

Nationally
                                                94 LCSF v Villa, 2nd leg, not sure about the 1st
                                                00 FAC 6R V Newcastle
                                                01 FAC 6R V Liverpool
                                                04 FAC 6R V Millwall
                                                12 FAC 1R V Braintree

Comment

I see that Franchise are going to appear on free telly tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X