Nothing On The Everton Takeover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't tell you much about him, I'm afraid, but I would categorically, unreservedly trust any Iranian with 49.9% of my assets even if we'd only just met.

Although Everton fans might want to be prepared for a change to their club's nickname.

Surely they're going to be moshiri's monsters

Comment

I hope he hasn't been duped into thinking the stadium move is a done deal. That saga's been running for about fifteen years, now.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Surely they're going to be moshiri's monsters
        That's very good. You should copyright that before the papers get hold of it.

Comment

And on the OP. Well, if your club is going to be owned by a probably-dodge oligarch tax exile, he's not one we've all heard of before, which probably means he's either less successful than the ones people are aware of, or more successful at keeping his enemies quiet.

So it could go either way.

Everton fan on a radio phone in was very excited about this. But I would be a bit hesitant if I was an Everton fan.

Comment

I'm really concerned about the links to Usmanov, who appears to be a thoroughly despicable piece of work. Even more worrying is the suggestion that Moshiri is merely a front for Usmanov. But, if being owned by a maniacal oligarch with close links to Putin and the Russian mafia (allegedly allegedly etc. because I know the cunt is very litigious), means that we spend a few seasons lording it over Liverpool, then it seems a tiny price to pay.

Most fans are giddy with excitement about the investment and believe Moshiri to be a serious investor with plenty to spend, but as always with Everton, it pays to wait and see and fear the worst.

If it means we keep hold of Barkley, Stones and Lukaku for a couple more seasons, then I'd take that.

The main issue is the stadium. That's £2-300m he's going to have to find. The other is kind of linked. Is it worth spending that on trying to attract more fans and corporate spending, when we live in the shadow of the banner-waving hordes across the park?

Comment

I love Goodison. Hope they never leave, for whatever reason

Comment

Working...
              X