Surrey Senior be the hardest word-Midweek Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about the swearing, the post match analysis was a bit more prolonged and alcohol fuelled than usual.

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: Following on Twitter is seemed he was in a bit of a contest with Grimmer most of the game.

Ah, Grant Holt. Memories.
      I think the contest was with Holt's elbow.

Comment

Barnsley 2-1 Coventry City

Nine wins out of our last eleven matches, six consecutive home wins for the first time in sixteen years, JPT final... all from a team that lost eight matches in a row just three months ago.

The only thing that has changed tactically is that we are now playing 442 instead of something vague, something vague, one. However the biggest change is that the team is full of confidence and looks like they expect to win every game.

Coventry played nice football from the back but never looked like scoring, while we just seemed to pile forward with purpose and speed. Every player is on top of his game (except Sam Winnall who is invisible... apart from the moment in every other game when he scores) and although I know it won't last until the end of the season, it is fantastic for the time being.

Comment

Celtic 0 v 0 Dundee

Celtic were fairly clueless. Craig Gordon got fed up having no one ready for a pass or throw and ended up just hoofing it. One good chance first half. Dundee defended solidly while Celtic passed the ball across the park in front of them, and then cut it out when Celtic tried to go forward. Colin Kazim Richards came on. He's a bigger unit now than he used to be. Every touch seemed to be a foul. Dundee were good in the break and won a lot of corners. Could have won it at the death but their unmarked player somehow put it wide. Lots of boos at the final whistle.

I enjoyed it though.

Comment

I went to Lichfield on Tuesday night. The ground is very close to the West Coast Mainline and I could hear trains passing every now and then, but I couldn't see them. Not a very interesting ground with a couple of flat pack stands.

The visitors were Bromsgrove Sporting, who are by far the best supported team in the league. Their fans went home happy tonight as they secured a fairly pedestrian 2-0 win. The first goal was an own goal, deflected into the net off a cross, and hit at just the right speed that it appeared time had slowed down.

Comment

Working...
            X