Research into football fan violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT HAVE BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH FOOTBALL HOOLIGANISM AND A FIRM?

I am currently an undergraduate student exploring fan violence and football hooliganism and was just wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experiences, past or present?

I am approaching this topic through the forum as it allows you stay anonymous and confidential.

I'm sure EIM will tell you about the crocheting incident. It was vicious.

Comment

I gave it all up in the second summer of love because the casual lifestyle suddenly felt incompatible with being the head of a large independent school your honour.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr. Steve Chips (Age 45 and 3/4)

Hope this helps.

Comment

Trev Meath to thread...

Comment

Mate. Happy to help. As Janik says I've been top boy in a renowned hooligan firm for years and am on the verge of publishing the first volume of my memoirs, titled 'You Go Ahead Lads I'll Wait Here And Keep An Eye On The Coats'.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!
            What were the main reasons for being involved to begin with?

Comment

EIM

is their any particular reasons for getting involved and whats keeping you involved?

Comment

There were three main reasons:

1. Clobber. The clothes, you know. Smart. Casual. But never smart-casual.

2. A sense of belonging. Pack mentality. The gradual corrosion of Victorian patriarchy and phallocentricism leading to a questioning of a male's role in society.

3. I'm really good at punching.

Comment

What were the main reasons you became involved?

Comment

And I thought it was because you could take your cat with you.

Comment

Pride in my turf. Not one to get on my toes or pavement dance when jesters and yonners are giving it the biggun.

Comment

No cats, no stanleys, no tools. Queensbury rules, ko.

Comment

Doing thus by DM now. Less you lot know, less the cops know. #midnightknockfromtheboysinblue

Comment

EIM auditioning for a part in "Green Street 4: Cor Luv a Duck" here.

Comment

Slag.

Comment

My old firm was pwoper nawty. You slaaaag!!

Comment

When I was 15, me and my mate got chased out Easter Road by a bunch of Hibs casuals. Is that useful?

Comment

I was in a van full of Orient fans in fancy dress that got attacked by Grimsby fans in the late 80s #realfans

Comment

BigDave66 wrote: What were the main reasons you became involved?
                                      The real story is this....

I started out as a participant observer for the University of Colwyn Bay's School of Advanced Hooligan Studies. I was sent to study Colwyn Bay's "Midday Closing Death Squad"

That was a great time, going to all the pubs that the MCDS used to drink in, pretending to go to the toilet and then writing everything I seen in a reporters' notebook.

After 6 years patient waiting I was finally accepted by top boy Tommo "Trucheon Time" Thomas. Thankfully tattooing my entire face with Colwyn Bay tattoos hadn't been in vain!

Sadly by the time I was accepted the "Midday Closing Death Squad" had split up 4 years earlier due to musical differences, they'd neglected to tell me this, the cads!

I remember the crushing pain as I realised that my new Hi-Tec Silver Shadows and fluorecent pink Campri ski jacket were now pointless purchases.

Great days, great mullets, great book deals.

Comment

We weren't casuals or smart casuals. We were smart.

We only wore Aquascutum and Crombie. Think David Dickinson …

Comment

I was part of Adge's Army, a Bristol City sub-firm, in the mid-1980s. We attended matches dressed in breeches, gaiters and red neckties.

Once, before an away game in London, we got off the coach early at the Hogarth Roundabout, fare-dodged from Chiswick to Brentford and then pitch-forked a gert load of Bees scum to death in The Royal Oak.

Comment

Can I just say that he only did it for the buzz?

Comment

We in the Baby Squad weren't smart casual or casual smart, which probably explained the Frankie Says Relax t-shirts.

Comment

By the way I invented the idea that Casuals could write books.

I was also the first person to come up with the idea of wearing plus fours.

Comment

These two were the leaders of a Watford firm known as the Bushey Psychos.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X