Chinese League the threat to the European Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no argument here. if they could take it i'm sure they would. but how are they going to get rooney to agree?

Comment

Pay up half of the rest of his contract?

Comment

In the mid-90s, there was a period where golfers were earning more on the seniors tour than the guys on the main one - even though attendances were lower, sponsorship was higher. People loved watching (and sponsors being associated with) the "old guys" - Nicklaus, Watson, Irwin - going at it more than the modern lot.

Irwin, and a few others, certainly earnt more as seniors than they did winning the actual majors that made them famous. It's a trend that has continued, to some extent - Bernhard Langer, and Colin Montgomerie, have similarly coined it in as seniors.

I wonder if the Chinese League, coupled with MLS, is football's version of that.

Comment

garcia wrote:

no argument here. if they could take it i'm sure they would. but how are they going to get rooney to agree?
          Green Calx wrote:

Tell him that he can have prawn toast and crispy duck pancakes every day for the rest of his life?

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: garcia wrote:

Green Calx wrote:

Tell him that he can have prawn toast and crispy duck pancakes every day for the rest of his life?
            Threathen to put him on the bench/reserves for the rest of his contract?

Comment

Having a decadent, ridiculous over-rich top-flight football league and a rubbish national side is, as we have seen, a sure-fire signifier of a country that's stopped making anything, has seen its economic model hit the skids and has started to decline as a global force.

Comment

Shanghai Shanggang, who had a trio of Gyan, Conca and Elkeson upfront lost 2-1 to Melbourne Victory.

Then there was Texeira and Ramire's debut with Jiangsu Suning (Suning electronics is actually a really convenient brand, kind of like a weird electronic mall) drew against against 10 men Vietnamese side Binh Duong.

This is kind of how things always seem to go in China...splash the cash and hope things fix themselves. I really wish the country would forgo all the nepotism and actually start hiring people for their merits. Otherwise, we just get a bunch of well connected people at the top wasting away money...

Comment

Sydney just beat Guangzhou Evergrande 2-1. Once again money matters not.

Comment

Working...
                  X