X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks good (possibly NSFW)

A 70s night at Farnborough.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYGo4FtWYAAn8IZ.png

I've posted the link, cos the image is a bit iffy, actually. I forget not everyone is a layabout student and some of youse access OTF on The Man's time.

Anyway. A "Gents" evening with curry and strippers. In 2016. Mind boggles, doesn't it?

Comment

"Gent" is a funny way of spelling "cunt"...

Comment

Maybe "Gents" refers to the room booked for the function. It couldn't smell any worse.

Comment

EIM wrote: Anyway. A "Gents" evening with curry and strippers. In 2016. Mind boggles, doesn't it?
          It's grim. The club's in a depressing state, the manager is mates with the owner and will never leave despite being terrible, there's a double relegation likely at the end of the season, we've got through 47 players already this season, the league authorities hate the club (not unreasonably) and this is the classy entertainment that is going to bring fans flocking.

Comment

On top of everything else, that flyer looks as though it was designed by a four-year-old.

Comment

Yes come on Farnborough, it's 2016. Lots of women like curry and strippers, too.

Comment

Geoff Jukes looks seriously ill.

Comment

And don't worry Rogin, he apparently does a ladies night, for the ladies like.

(link as NSFW as the other one).

Comment

"Just look at the quality of our girls!" This page pretty much gives you the heads-up on what level of service to expect from Mr Jukes and his evenings. And all in glorious Comic Sans.

http://www.jukesents.co.uk/gents-evenings/

Some of these 'Gents (sic) Evenings' look as if they're happening in community centres or school dining halls.

Comment

I'm glad it's a "sensual lesbian show", I'm so sick of seeing those ascetic lesbian shows at other gentleman's evenings.

I also must question Jukes Entertainment's slogan -"Do business with the people in the business". As opposed to doing business with..?

Comment

There was one of these in the Horsham FC clubhouse about 15 years ago. I didn't attend.

Ray de Galles wrote: I also must question Jukes Entertainment's slogan -"Do business with the people in the busines". As opposed to doing business with..?
                        The HFC one was arranged by one of our fans who happened to be a police officer. He had the contacts you see.

Comment

I'm impressed. Those links sneak through the council web-blocker.

Jukes' slogan seems oddly similar to Jack Warner's, as quoted in my personal text. Has anyone seen them in the same room?

Comment

Still, nudey ladies. Phwoar, eh?

Comment

Jeff surely dyes that beard.

Comment

Farnborough Football Club strippers and curry night branded 'toxic' and 'sexist'

Comment

And Jeff's response (paraphrasing) is that it's political correctness gone mad and that women who complain about such things are all munters. What a delightful chap he is.

Comment

Geoff Jukes wrote: "I know shows that put prostitutes on stage, that is not us in any way.”
                                    Fucking hell.

I never clocked that Phoenix Nights was a documentary.

Comment

Obviously this is shite and sexist, but Farnborough are hardly the first non-league club to do this.

They are appalling in many other ways though so I'm glad that they're being singled out for abuse.

Comment

Event going ahead, strippers dropped.

Comment

Crusoe wrote: Event going ahead, strippers dropped.
                                          So it's just reduced to a curry night with Kinky John and his mascara-ed goatee? Tempting!

(Not that I was tempted by the prospect of strippers, either, you understand! There used to be a strip club - sorry, 'strip bar' - in Aldershot: Tiffany's. I never went, but I've heard tell from those who were coerced into going there whilst drunk that it was of a standard in line with the rest of Aldershot. Farnborough - just a few miles up the road and pretty much part of the same garrison-based sprawl - isn't much better.)

Comment

I thought A GENTS EVENING on the poster read AGENTS EVENING to start with. I figured it must be some open day where the two 'lovelies' and the dodgy-looking chap with the oddly dark beard were meant to be setting up the Farnborough players with suitor clubs and/or lucrative endorsement opportunities.

Comment

Maybe agents evening is like a parents evening at school, where the player's agents sit in turn with the manager and the coaches for a half term report on how their little angel is doing so far.

Comment

Hmmm...

Comment

Good to see that Kelly Rutledge (a 'women in football' [sic]) finds nothing at all offensive in this. That'll help promote the women's game at a time that it needs it most.

You could probably talk to Mr Jukes for hours and he'd never even begin to comprehend why anyone might object. Looking at his photo, I'm imagining that he'd sound like the bloke who did the v/o on Bullseye.

But, f*ck me, I wish the expression 'political correctness' had never been coined.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X