The worst team in England...and a one man army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tale of St Francis Rangers of the SCFL Premier Division (currently GD -149), which should prove that however terrible you might think your team is at the moment, it could be worse!

http://www.townsendaround.co.uk/football/little-league-love-affair/the-worst-team-in-england-and-a-one-man-army/

An extremely extended and remixed version of something I wrote for the Non League Paper a few weeks ago. I hope you enjoy- and my apologies if you don't.

Denso of the Mercian League must have a claim to this title. Over the last four seasons they have won a total of four games (two awarded to them due to the opposition failing to turn up) and drawn once. Their goal difference over ninety games is well over 800 goals in the red.

Comment

I played against Denso a few years ago in a pre-season game. We were a veterans team, all over 35, literally creaking at the seams and some of us in total denial that we could squeeze one more season in before our knees or backs collapsed.

Still beat them mind.

Anyhow I notice Bashley are looking like a 0-0-46 season (or however many games they play in the Southern league).

As are Rothes in the Highland league.

Comment

Bashley are certainly having a bad time, though they seem to have a better defence than St Francis, and a far more potent attack. Have to say I'd never heard of Denso- I should get out more!

Comment

However bad these teams are, they're no Madron FC of the Cornish Mining League (c 2010):

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/30/worst-football-team-in-britain

Comment

At the risk of being my-team-centred, I assumed this would be a thread about Orient and Jay Simpson.

Comment

I'm curious as to the origins of Denso's name seeing as they play in Telford. I know Denso as a Japanese motor component manufacturer from having seen their name plastered over GT racing cars as sponsors.

Comment

Rakovski Ruse's 1996-97 campaign in the Bulgarian top flight takes some beating. Or not . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996%E2%80%9397_A_Group

Comment

A quick calculation confirms that Bashley have conceded 390 league goals in the last two and a half seasons, which is quite an achievement.

Comment

Lincoln Moorlands Railway have had a sustained period of sheer awfulness:

2013/14 (NCEL Premier): P44 Pts 8, including a run of 29 consecutive defeats. Conceded 214 goals. Finished bottom and relegated.

2014/15 (NCEL Division 1): P42 Pts 24 which sounds quite competent until you look at their results and see they won one of their final 33 games. Conceded 174 goals. Finished next to bottom and reprieved from relegation.

2015/16 (NCEL Division 1): Currently P28 Pts 4 and on a run of 20 consecutive defeats. Conceded 133 goals including a league record 14-0 at Selby Town before Christmas.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote: However bad these teams are, they're no Madron FC of the Cornish Mining League (c 2010):

The worst thing about that is that the bloke on the far left in the back row appears to be wearing shorts with pockets. You won't win anything wearing shorts with pockets.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
                        Originally posted by Jah Womble
                        However bad these teams are, they're no Madron FC of the Cornish Mining League (c 2010):

The worst thing about that is that the bloke on the far left in the back row appears to be wearing shorts with pockets. You won't win anything wearing shorts with pockets.
                        Tell that to Andy Murray!

Comment

dalliance wrote: I'm curious as to the origins of Denso's name seeing as they play in Telford. I know Denso as a Japanese motor component manufacturer from having seen their name plastered over GT racing cars as sponsors.
                          They have a manufacturing plant in Telford.

Comment

Imagine this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32488280

Denso are a works team and play at the plant.

Bit old school that.

Comment

Working...
                            X