50 years on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 years on..

Apologies for the self-promotion, but thought this might be of interest to some on here.

As this year marks half a century since the '66 World Cup, I decided a few months back to live-tweet the tournament and its buildup. Since then, I've spent probably too much of my free time looking through newspapers and magazines from the time and cataloguing interesting articles/photos to use.

The account is now up and running as of yesterday:World Cup 66 Live

Any feedback and suggestions more than welcome!

50 years on..

I like it a lot more than I thought I would. if you could find more readers' letters like that one demanded that Frank Wignall get the England no 9 jersey, then please do share them.

PS: What's your favourite biscuit?

Comment

50 years on..

Cheers - yes, I find the readers' letters fascinating. Soccer Star magazine seems to have at least one every week where someone has written in with their suggested England squad/team. Does make me wonder what these (often quite strongly-held) opinions were based on, given that televised football was still fairly limited so it was difficult to see all the top players on a regular basis. I'll definitely be looking to share World Cup related letters often.

Quite partial to a ginger nut.

Comment

Working...
      X