First-Foot(ball)ing : New Year Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping to get 2016 going with a bang and make it to Molesey v Tooting & Mitcham on Saturday afternoon.

On Sunday evening I will finally see some of what looks to have been a classic PDC World Darts Championship with the final at the Ally Pally.

Burnley vs Ipswich for me.

Will the Clarets make it three consecutive 4-0 victories at Turf Moor?

Spoiler
    No. No, they will not.

Comment

Carlisle v Plymouth at temporary home ground number two - Ewood Park.

Comment

Parkgate v Armthorpe Welfare or Worsborough Bridge v Hall Road Rangers (at Maltby). Not overly optimistic that either game will go ahead given the forecast.

Comment

Grimsby v Guiseley last game before I go back to Spain

Comment

My plan of an early finish and then of to Bromsgrove and then Bangor were somewhat thwarted by being called out to two fatalities before 0600, and the Bangor game being an afternoon kickoff.

So currently at Heanor v Shepshed Dynamo.

Comment

I'm hoping to go to New Bradwell St Peter v Southall, but I expect it'll end up being postponed - it's pretty wet now and the forecast is for a lot of rain.

Comment

Hopefully East Stirling v Stirling, Alloa v Falkirk and then St Johnstone v Aberdeen on Sunday

Comment

Barnsley v Millwall.

After scoring four goals against an evenworsethanus Blackpool, our eight year old has decided to give it another go. That'll be another loss then.

Comment

Birmingham v Brentford

Hoping for a win but fearing our usual defeat at St Andrews.

Comment

Walt Flanagans Dog wrote: Carlisle v Plymouth at temporary home ground number two - Ewood Park.
                      Aye, that.

Comment

Notts County vs Oxford United.

Last time I went to that fixture was back in November 1993 and it was on the telly.

Comment

A WHU-LFC & Watford-City double header.

Comment

I also went to Heanor v Shepshed. Sadly didn't meet BB&F but did spend much of the first half trying to work out the founder members of the Northern Premier League with the former operator of a signal box in the Stockport area (inspired by Heanor having been one of the clubs invited to form the NPL but they declined the offer).

Entertaining game with the excellently named Justice Jacobs refereeing. He became rather unpopular with the home side after sending off one of their forwards immediately after he had scored a penalty - in his haste to retrieve the ball, the Heanor player tried hurdling the Shepshed keeper and appeared to kick him in the head, leaving him lying on the floor for a couple of minutes. Obviously he carried on as concussion doesn't exist in the Midland League.

Comment

Loxwood v Horsham postponed. Bugger.

Comment

Wealdstone v Hemel Hempstead is off, so I'm trying to find out if Wembley v Welwyn Garden City is on.

Comment

It's all systems go for New Bradwell v Southall. Looking forward to seeing how the Peters get on in the manager's third game, against a struggling Southall.

Comment

Swerved the Orient Circus at Stevenage today and provided the constant rain doesn't see a late call-off at a watery Longmead, I'm heading for Tonbridge Angels v Dulwich Hipsters instead in a top of the Isthmian Premier clash instead.

I've always fancied writing an Angels 1 5 headline in homage to Captain Scarlet (or the old Jack Hawkins film if you prefer), but I'm hoping for a home win obviously.

Comment

Molesey and everything else anywhere near me rained off. I'm too jet-lagged to travel further afield, an afternoon on the sofa then.

Comment

Baptiste wrote: Hopefully East Stirling v Stirling, Alloa v Falkirk and then St Johnstone v Aberdeen on Sunday
                                        Interesting short distance triple move by Baptiste.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: I'm trying to find out if Wembley v Welwyn Garden City is on.
                                          Called off at ten past two, when I was on the bus. Looks like I need to find a pub showing The Jeff Stelling Show.

Comment

Worsborough Bridge Athletic 1 Hall Road Rangers 1.

Worsborough are in all sorts of trouble, they are on their third ground of the season (at Maltby) and the match kicked off at half one because of floodlight problems. No one collecting gate money and I saw no evidence of a programme.

Lively if error strewn game between two sides trying to play constructive football on a heavy pitch. Even first half ended with the home side ahead, then Hall Road dominated the second half kicking down the slope. They had plenty of chances which they failed to convert including a couple of huge scrambles.

Touched the ball three times and had a particularly strong Bovril at half time.

Comment

In the back streets of Milton Keynes, New Bradwell St Peter v Southall in the Spartan South Midlands League Division 1 was abandoned at half time, with the score at 0-0. Conditions got worse and worse as the half went on and everyone seemed happy enough to retire to the clubhouse.

Comment

Southport 3-2 Wrexham. Sixth consecutive league win. At the end of November I was already resigned to relegation. Now Southport are 11 points clear of the drop.... and 11 points off the playoffs.

Comment

Concord Rangers 0-0 Ebbslfeet Utd

The first half was okay but the second half wasn't up to much and to be honest they could have played all day and they wouldn't have scored a goal. The rain hit us just as the game kicked off but only lasted for about half an hour or so which was a pity because an abandonment would have meant I could have gone home earlier. I couldn't get any hot food either as the catering van were the slowest I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X