EIGHT YEARS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EIGHT YEARS!

There may be a glimmer of hope yet for the way football is run.

Mind you, I wouldn't bet on it just yet.

EIGHT YEARS!

It certainly won't be the end of the matter. Both will go to CAS to get it overturned. If the process was flawed in any way (and being FIFA, it would be more surprising if it wasn't flawed), they will be back.

I hadn't realised the guy running the proceedings was Blatter stooge Hans-Joachim Eckert, i.e. the guy who Michael Garcia accused of summarising his report into the 2018 and 2022 bidding process with “numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts”. The worm has turned?

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

I have missed a lot of the coverage of this and assumed that Platini had been gathered up with Blatter in some sort of sour grapes on someone's part. I hadn't considered that he may actually be guilty.

Why only eight years? Players get lifetime bans for throwing games - sometimes one - but do they, in comparison, do as much damage as what Platini and Blatter have done?

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

We seen the pictures of Blatter? Given his plaster on face and unkempt appearance I would suggest that he is being coached, with the sole aim of avoiding extradition to the US eventually.

I have never seen him look so shit, he's always been a dapper lad. As well as a cunt obviously.

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

He's gonna die before the appeal process ends, one would hope. Platini might come back in some capacity (if only because he was a great player) but the days when he could redesign European competitions are surely gone.

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

It's a punchbag, Blatter, you div, a punchbag. Not a punch bowl or ball.

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

It is in German.

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

Aww he's 78 years of age and he's just had surgery. Did you not see the plaster? Only those with a heart of stone could enjoy the predicament that this frail old man finds himself in.

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

Platini has taken great issue with the fact that he believes the decision seemed to already have been made before the actual hearing. This wasn't such an issue for him when the voting was taking place for the venue for 2018.

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

I can just about accept Platini's fall, and boycott his goals on YouTube but there are limits to how much of my younger self I'm willing to jettison at this stage of life. To wit, John Helm, who does the commentary at FIFA tournaments, must be an innocent man. Any evidence to the contrary, I won't hear it.

Comment

EIGHT YEARS!

Jerome Valcke has just been slapped with a nine-year ban by FIFA's ethics committee, subject to appeal of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X