Actual football teams - Being watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wembley v Hertford Town for me. Three times in a week. Disturbing...

Wales v Israel for me.

I was meant to be in Dusseldorf tomorrow but have cancelled the trip such was my anxiety about getting back and to Cardiff in time. I may take in a game in the First Round Qualifying of the Vase to calm my nerves instead.

Comment

Llandudno v Newtown in the Welsh Premier tonight.

Tomorrow it's the start of the road to Wembley in the one FA competition where Wembley is an attainable goal for those starting off in the first qualifying round, the FA Vase. My match of choice is Esh Winning v Hall Road Rangers, which I may precede with a trip to the Wolsingham Show.

Comment

Airbus v Bangor, in about 2 hours, in the coldest ground in Wales.

Comment

Horsham v Epsom & Ewell, FA Vase, Sunday 6th

Comment

Godolphin Atlantic.

Last direct London service of the year.

Comment

Rot-Weiss Frankfurt v Buchonia Flieden in the Hessenliga (level 5). With 18 points from 6 games, it's time for me to jump on the Rot-Weiss bandwagon. Or to put my Scottish-Lincolnshire misery jinx on them.

Comment

Tomorrow:

Tervarit vs AS Moon (football) followed by Kärpät - Vienna Capitals (ice hockey).

Sunday:

YPA Ylivieska - GBK Kokkola (football)

Comment

I've plumped for Barnsley v Shrewsbury Town.

Comment

Don't forget your plant pot.

Comment

Southport Zeb wrote: My match of choice is Esh Winning v Hall Road Rangers, which I may precede with a trip to the Wolsingham Show.
                      Should we expect a BB&F-style write-up afterwards?

Comment

Carlisle v Barnet at the ungodly hour of 2pm, to allow our fans time to get home or to the pub in time for England v San Marino - therefore one of only three league games kicking off early the others being Southend (lunchtime kick off, on telly) and Newport (presumably to do with Wales RU playing at 5pm).

Comment

Bath City v Dartford tomorrow where we will hope to build upon our unbeaten run but will more likely be dominated with the politics of the deadline of our take-over bid being up tonight and us being just over £450,000 short. This one will run and run.

As such, I have decided to stop being superstitious and attend my first Wales qualifying match of this campaign to take my mind off things.

Comment

I'll be at the FA Vase tie between (deep breath) New Bradwell St Peter and Rushden & Higham United. The Peters' first time in the Vase for nineteen years and only their second ever. Both teams play at Step 6 but R&H have had a better start to the season. I'm excited but will confess to being nervous - this is a pretty big deal for New Bradwell.

Comment

Mansfield v AFC Wimbledon for me.

Comment

Wolverhampton Sporting vs Hinckley in the FA Vase tomorrow.

Hinckley are in very good form, having won their last five and scoring twenty-three in the process. Sporting are going well themselves though and sit second in the West Mids Regional League Premier Division. Should be a good game, although I don't care that much so long as Hinckley win.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: Mansfield v AFC Wimbledon for me.
                                  What takes you there?

Comment

The old joke would be "not the train"...

Comment

Good luck Furtho.

Comment

TonTon wrote:
                                        Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih
                                        Mansfield v AFC Wimbledon for me.
                                        What takes you there?
                                        It's only half an hour away from me, so I thought I'd take a game in, especially once Mrs KGR said that she was going to her parents for the weekend with the kids to look after her dad, who is recovering from an operation.

In the away end - know a guy at Football Manager who's going to the game and he's sorted me a ticket via their contacts with the club, so that helps.

Just a sad bastard who likes to go to any game anywhere, really.

Comment

Bangor City only went and done their first win of the season, 4-1 it was, on a plastic pitch with a sign that said "NO DOGS".

Comment

Me Old Flower wrote:
                                            Originally posted by Southport Zeb
                                            My match of choice is Esh Winning v Hall Road Rangers, which I may precede with a trip to the Wolsingham Show.
                                            Should we expect a BB&F-style write-up afterwards?
                                            Sadly I'll be drivng as I couldn't find a viable route via hovercraft, steam train and airship.

Comment

Fucking hell, even the football teams being watched now? Talk about the surveillance society.

Comment

Worthing United vs East Preston in the FA Vase, tomorrow afternoon.

It's the first match that Worthing United have played since losing those two players in the Shoreham air crash a couple of weeks ago, so it will be a charged and difficult occasion. The local football scene around here is very close-knit - all the players, managers and officials seem to know each other - and these deaths have hit some people very hard. It spun me out a little, and I probably only do a half a dozen or so matches at this level per season.

They made the match all-ticket and Brighton have been managing the ticket sales. I can't imagine that United have ever had an all-ticket match there before, but the tickets did get here very promptly. It would certainly be a stretch to say that it will be anything other than a somewhat difficult day.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: Mansfield v AFC Wimbledon for me.
                                                  That will learn you.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X