Grantham Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grantham Town

Going to watch Grantham v Marine on Saturday, can anyone recommend a decent pub in Grantham before heading out to the Kesteven sports ground?

Grantham Town

Haven't been out in Grantham for over 20 years. The only pub I remember is the Blue Pig, but it might be shit or it might have shut.

Comment

Grantham Town

Sean of the Shed wrote: Haven't been out in Grantham for over 20 years. The only pub I remember is the Blue Pig, but it might be shit or it might have shut.
      Or it could be both and be pig shit?

Comment

Grantham Town

Lord Harrowby near the station or Nobody Inn which is in town.

Comment

Grantham Town

Big Boobs and Fire. Nice one. Both look like good shouts.

Comment

Grantham Town

I went to Grantham v Marine last season. The wind was such that the second half was played virtually fully in the Marine half.

Nice big stand if you want to get out of the wind, and a good terrace opposite the stand too. I don't understand why they only get 170-odd attend these days.

Comment

Grantham Town

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: I went to Grantham v Marine last season. The wind was such that the second half was played virtually fully in the Marine half.

Nice big stand if you want to get out of the wind, and a good terrace opposite the stand too. I don't understand why they only get 170-odd attend these days.
              I've been to this fixture before too (my mate is on the committee at Marine and his dad is chairman) but I
              couldn't find a decent pub in Grantham before the match.

Comment

Grantham Town

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote: Lord Harrowby near the station or Nobody Inn which is in town.
                The Lord Harrowby is indeed great, but a good walk from the train station, and in completely the wrong direction for the ground. So if you enjoy walking or don't mind paying for a cab, I definitely would go there.

The Nobody Inn is good and not as far out of the way. The Blue Pig does still exist, and is still decent, last I checked. The Chequers is right in the town centre and serves a good pint too. It's more of a bar, than a pub.

There is a bar in the main stand of the ground, but there are no pubs near the ground at all. The closest is the Priory, which is, er, a bit rough.

Comment

Grantham Town

Harbinger of Hope wrote:
                  Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE!
                  Lord Harrowby near the station or Nobody Inn which is in town.
                  The Lord Harrowby is indeed great, but a good walk from the train station, and in completely the wrong direction for the ground. So if you enjoy walking or don't mind paying for a cab, I definitely would go there.

The Nobody Inn is good and not as far out of the way. The Blue Pig does still exist, and is still decent, last I checked. The Chequers is right in the town centre and serves a good pint too. It's more of a bar, than a pub.

There is a bar in the main stand of the ground, but there are no pubs near the ground at all. The closest is the Priory, which is, er, a bit rough.
                  Yeah, I'll be visiting the bar in the ground as that is where my mate will be but, as I'm getting there for 12pm, I thought I'd get a pint somewhere nice first.

Comment

Working...
                  X