Tinpot paintpot pisspot - midweek matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm off to sample the joys of Burslem on Tuesday evening, Port Vale v Carlisle in the Johnstone's Paints Trophy.

Been about 8 years since my last visit, I'm not expecting them to have finished the main stand yet, though....

Not yet decided if I'm going to see us be shit at home against Plymouth again. So soon...

Comment

First visit of the season to Roundwood tomorrow night for Parkgate v Pontefract Collieries in the NCEL Premier. Collieries helpfully ensured the fixture would take place by getting whupped 6-0 in the Cup on Saturday.

Comment

FA Cup replay for me: North Greenford United v Wembley. Let's hope the rain hasn't stopped it.

Comment

First home game tonight for Kiveton Park FC so I'll be wandering up the 200 yards from my front door to Hard Lane to see them play Treeton Terriers in Division 2 of Pete's Patisserie Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League.

Comment

Shrewsbury v Oldham.

It will be doom and gloom because Ryan Woods has been sold to Brentford. After the sale of Conor Goldson to BHA the other week the support is in meltdown.

On positive note tonight will see the return of Nat Knight-Percival and James Wesolowski after long term knee injuries.

I'll kid myself they will be like new signings.

Comment

nmrfox wrote: First home game tonight for Kiveton Park FC so I'll be wandering up the 200 yards from my front door to Hard Lane to see them play Treeton Terriers in Division 2 of Pete's Patisserie Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League.
              Thank fuck it is only 200 yards away as some dozy twat thought today was the 2nd.... Will be watching Kiveton Park etc etc tomorrow night.

Comment

Reasonable crowd here in the northern most outpost of Greenford. Much boosted by a minor infestation of hoppers.

Comment

Somewhat against the run of play, NGU take the lead by actually shooting. Something that appears to scare the Wembley forwards...

Comment

And moronic defending makes it two.

Comment

Does every club (except Chelsea) now have a female physio?

Comment

Wembley pull one back from a corner. I really can't be doing with extra time and penalties...

Comment

Lovely goal from NGU eases my worries.

Comment

Goalless at half time here at Vale Park. It's quite obvious why Carlisle's players are plying their trade at this level, cos for every bit of skill and vision, they follow it up with a moment of clumsiness or inattention.

Still, there was a tidy sunset and the chippy in Burslem town centre did me a batter sausage from fresh, so the evening has had its good points.

Comment

Oh, and it's cold. We're a day out of August and it's already hands in the pockets, zip the fleece up cold. Or it is in the Potteries at any rate.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: Lovely goal from NGU eases my worries.
                                I should point out that I'm here to cheer on Wembley.

Comment

Third rate Leszno wrote: Oh, and it's cold. We're a day out of August and it's already hands in the pockets, zip the fleece up cold. Or it is in the Potteries at any rate.
                                  That London ain't too warm either.

Comment

A Wembley player just hoofed the ball from well inside the NGU half back towards his own keeper. The lino tried to give offside, assuming that no one could be that inept...

Comment

Was Sir Gangster's pint ready and waiting for him at the bar at half-time?

Comment

This is not Wealdstone.

Comment

1-0 to Port Vale. Good spell of pressure from Carlisle, but they broke quickly and managed to stumble through some gaps in our defence and scored from close range.

Comment

4-1. That should be that. There's always next season...

Comment

Oh gord, I never go for a piss during a match, but the cold's really getting to my bladder...

Comment

2571 hardy souls here. Nine goal Jabo Ibehre has twice come close to making it double figures for the season but it's beginning to feel like it's not our night.

Comment

Another cracker makes it five.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X