Jermain Defoe can't get the staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunderland's diminutive goal-getter needs your help - Apply today!

He's not asking for much. Alongside "create a global brand for the Jermain Defoe name" is:

Regularly checking the home when Jermain is away, making sure all is in place for his return i.e. fridge is stocked and plants watered and house is clean.
    And yes, you did read the name of that site correctly.

From 'creating a global brand' to 'stocking the fridge while Jermain is away' - that's one broad bill of duties, to say the least. The latter particularly seems a bit rich, given how likely Sunderland are to play in Europe.

I mean, if I'm busting my ass trying to turn him into the next Beckham, he can buy his own bloody Yakult.

Comment

JD'oe.

There we go, Jermain. That'll be £100,000, please.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote: From 'creating a global brand' to 'stocking the fridge while Jermain is away' - that's one broad bill of duties, to say the least.
        "Producing his own iphone apps"

Blimey, do you have to able to write Objective-C as well, when you're not feeding the dogs?

Comment

Comment

On the subject of building global Jermaine brands, is the BBC trying to build up Jermaine Jenas' profile? He was on Would I Lie To You for no apparent reason other than to be a foil for gags involving Germaine Greer on the other team.

Comment

Blimey - Jenas on WILTY? I'd heard he'd been 'selected' to appear on Time Crashers - the BBC's latest 'get-paid-thousands-to-do-stuff-like-what-they-used-to-do-in-that-history' series. (Because there really haven't been enough of those, oh no.)

I guess Defoe must be after his own slice of this particular strudel. But then I imagine all footballers must be thinking 'if Robbie Savage can get away with it, so can I'. Which would be fair enough comment.

Comment

I wonder if Mrs Defoe and the little Defoes are impressed that he's trying to outsource his need to buy them birthday presents.

For £60k I'll spend an hour in Toys R Us

Comment

gavc23 wrote: For £60k I'll spend an hour in Toys R Us
                  That amount is at the bottom end of my personal scale.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote: Blimey - Jenas on WILTY? I'd heard he'd been 'selected' to appear on Time Crashers - the BBC's latest 'get-paid-thousands-to-do-stuff-like-what-they-used-to-do-in-that-history' series. (Because there really haven't been enough of those, oh no.)
                    I watched Time Crashers and, so far as these things go, I thought Jenas was OK. Articulate, moderately intelligent, eager to learn, and far less up himself than most footballers are when required to open their mouths. Of course he might turn into Joey Barton II when he's bedded in a bit.

Comment

Oh, I kind of 'get' his appearance on Time Crashers (which I've not seen) - after all, Neil Ruddock et al have done I'm a Celebrity. Let's just say that I was more surprised at the producers of WILTY?.

Yes, Jenas does come across as more considered and articulate than most footballers. He's just not over-blessed with personality.

Just looking forward to Defoe's Question Time debut now.

Comment

These people are absolute babies.

Remember Crespo at Chelsea years ago and his whiny refusal to pay his utility bills because he thought the club should be doing it for him?

Comment

The main part of the job also includes "looking after the day-to-day needs of Jermain's mother", who he apparently lives with.

Fucking hell, one can only imagine what that might involve.

Comment

That's one bit of WSC's football world domination column sorted for the next issue, then.

Comment

Am I the only one here who thinks this is quite reasonable? The ad is as overblown as most recruitment ads are nowadays in any sector but if I was in Defoe's position I would be employing a PA. For a high earning individual with multiple properties it is pretty standard.

Comment

Ek weet nie wrote: Am I the only one here who thinks this is quite reasonable?
                                I don't think it's unreasonable for him to hire an assistant. It's just the randomly disparate number of skills he requires from this person.

Comment

Yeah, but a PA who can write iPhone apps and organise Bonfire Night?

He wants the moon on a stick, Stu.

Comment

Looks like the ad has been taken down. Position filled or a case of managing the Jermain Defoe brand after embarrassing press coverage?

Comment

I start on Monday.

Comment

I hope you've got a good pair of marigolds

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: I hope you've got a good pair of marigolds
                                          And a social media strategy.

Comment

I don't (didn't) think that placing the ad was unreasonable, but it was poorly-worded and hugely unrealistic. Expect it to return with some of the 'requirements' amended.

Comment

He could give them all his earnings and they still wouldn't be able to create a global brand around an over the hill Sunderland player.

Comment

Well, yes - that's the other problem.

Comment

What do you think a Jermaine Defoe iPhone app would do, out of interest?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X