Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Where??? To Despair (FA Cup 2015-16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the FA Cup kicks off on Friday night, in Northwich & Whyteleafe & Hoddesdon & Tamworth, and ends sometime in May at Wembley, where one team will be thoroughly humiliated on their big day (that happens every year, right?)

There's new sponsors, but fuck that. I'm tempted by Northampton's number 3 club - Sileby Rangers - versus Watford's number 2 - Sun Postal Sports.

Ware are away at Sudbury Town, which almost ruined my title idea, but I think Where??? qualifies for any competition that includes teams called Continental Star, FC Romania, Odd Down & Highmoor Ibis.

Continental Star are based in the Midlands. They groundshare with Rushall Olympic.

Comment

And the game at Tamworth isn't us. It's Coleshill Town using our ground for a couple of games whilst their 3G pitch is still being laid.

Comment

It's the Emirates FA Cup this year. I wonder who they want to win it.

Comment

Comment

Horsham's home tie against fellow Macron Store Southern Combination Football League side Lancing is on Sunday as the landlords, Horsham YMCA FC, have also been drawn at home and are playing on Saturday v. AFC Croydon Athletic.

Comment

And being pedantic, The Cup won't kick off in Northwich but in Winsford as that's where 1874 Northwich play their home games. Winsford United's Home draw being the reason for the Friday scheduling.

Comment

Is anyone playing at their home ground? I'd been considering Ascot United's tie as I was intrigued by the idea of their (literal) Racecourse Ground but they're playing at Bracknell's place because the fucking Red Bull fucking Air Race.

Comment

So, of the four opening night fixtures, only Hoddesdon are truly at "home"... Greatest cup in the world!

Comment

Does anyone know if Windsor currently actually play in this kit (because they didn't for ages after "launching" it some time ago and it was beginning to seem like a publicity stunt)?;

If they do it will probably swing my decision to see them in the extra-preliminary round on Saturday.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Does anyone know if Windsor currently actually play in this kit (because they didn't for ages after "launching" it some time ago and it was beginning to seem like a publicity stunt)?;

If they do it will probably swing my decision to see them in the extra-preliminary round on Saturday.
                      Oh cheers Harry. I can't unsee that.

Comment

Christ, that's some car crash of a kit.

I'm off to Bootle v. Atherton Collieries tomorrow.

Comment

If you do go, Harry, what's your ETA?

Comment

indysleaze wrote: So, of the four opening night fixtures, only Hoddesdon are truly at "home"... Greatest cup in the world!
                            Indeed, are any of us truly at "home" in this debased world?

Comment

Nesta Arantes do Nascimento wrote: If you do go, Harry, what's your ETA?
                              Relatively close to kick-off I imagine as it's dependent on family commitments, 2:30pm or so. Are you local?

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Does anyone know if Windsor currently actually play in this kit (because they didn't for ages after "launching" it some time ago and it was beginning to seem like a publicity stunt)?;

Fair play to them getting behind the Basque separatist cause.

Comment

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum DUM!

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                    Originally posted by Nesta Arantes do Nascimento
                                    If you do go, Harry, what's your ETA?
                                    Relatively close to kick-off I imagine as it's dependent on family commitments, 2:30pm or so. Are you local?
                                    Oh fuck's sake. I knew I missed something there and have only just looked at it again.

I'm here though and the kits don't disappoint ;

Comment

Almost too late.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33373254

Comment

Thanks GC. Tividale v Hanley for me

Comment

We do have an FA Cup thread and thought I should disinter it. Hoping to get to the Enfield Town v Billericay Town First Qualifying Round Replay tomorrow night , it's been too long since I got to Donkey Lane.

Comment

Well done, Harry. As Bath City's match is three days away in Bodmin, I may do Larkhall Athletic v Havant & Waterlooville

Comment

Last qualifying draw:

Northern section
                                              Gateshead v Solihull Moors or Worcester City
                                              AFC Fylde v Barrow
                                              Wrexham v Gainsborough Trinity
                                              Marine or Northwich Victoria v Chorley
                                              Harrogate Town v Grimsby Town
                                              Barwell v AFC Rushden and Diamonds
                                              Salford City or Bradford PA v Southport
                                              Sporting Khalsa or Spalding United v FC United or Buxton
                                              Chasetown or Stalybridge Celtic v North Ferriby United
                                              FC Halifax Town v Guiseley
                                              Tranmere Rovers v Lincoln City
                                              Stourbridge v Kidderminster Harriers
                                              Macclesfield Town v Alfreton Town
                                              Brackley Town or Rugby Town v Kettering Town or Bamber Bridge
                                              Altrincham v Chester

Southern section
                                              Whitehawk or Gosport Borough v Poole Town
                                              Maidenhead United v Woking
                                              Basingstoke Town v Torquay United
                                              Grays Athletic v Welling United
                                              Boreham Wood v AFC Hornchurch
                                              Wealdstone v Bognor Regis Town
                                              Didcot Town v Hoddesdon Town or Brentwood Town
                                              Eastbourne Borough v Dover Athletic
                                              Chesham United v Enfield Town or Hitchin Town
                                              Staines Town v Gloucester City
                                              Aldershot Town v Hemel Hempstead or Sutton United
                                              Bromley v Eastleigh
                                              Margate v Forest Green Rovers
                                              Braintree Town v Harlow Town or Bath City
                                              Havant and Waterlooville v Cheltenham Town
                                              Chippenham Town v Maidstone United
                                              St Albans City v Weston Super Mare

Comment

Good weekend for Greater Manchester and Cheshire, with Salford City, FCUM and Altrincham all through to the FA Cup proper. Northwich Victoria will also be in the draw, facing a replay at Chorley, as will Stalybridge Celtic, who have to travel to North Ferriby.

I think the only level 8 team definitely in the first round are Didcot Town, but they could be joined by AFC Rushden and Diamonds, who have taken three years to go through the United Counties League and are now in the Southern League.

Comment

Torquay made the long journey to Westphalia and got dumped out. Basingstoke at Pompey would be a good draw. Exeter against anyone non-league would be a bad one, with inevitable result (hopefully not on telly).

Comment

Working...
                                                  X