Southern League 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern League 2015-16

Form towards the end of last season suggests that Poole Town and St Neots will be strong challengers in the Premier division.

There's a pretty thorough season preview on the Dorset Eye website.

Southern League 2015-16

There is a big error in there, though.

Kings Lynn Town have been moved into the Southern Premier League for this season, and they haven’t really given their fans much cause for optimism by re-signing eight of the side that almost got relegated from the Isthmian league last season.

The Southern league is generally considered to be the stronger league, so Kings Lynn might just be in for a season of struggle. But not as much of a struggle as most teams will have actually getting there to play them!
    Kings Lynn were actually in the Northern Premier League, not the Isthmian (Ryman), last season.

Comment

Southern League 2015-16

After all the chaos over Top Field earlier in the year, the 150th anniversary of the foundation of Hitchin FC included a match against fellow Canaries Norwich City.

Fingers crossed then that Hitchin have a decent season.

Comment

Southern League 2015-16

I'll be at the home match against Kings Lynn a week on Monday, if anyone's about. Behind the home goal, probably with a bloke called Sam. (Doesn't help much with identification I know, but at least you can introduce yourself to a few male couples. They'll be friendly.)

Form towards the end of last season suggests that Poole Town and St Neots will be strong challengers in the Premier division.

Poole will be strong, but Snots will flatter to deceive and fall at the last hurdle again. Merthyr could well be in contention

Comment

Southern League 2015-16

A few years ago, Rushden & Diamonds' keeper killed himself because John Terry's brother was having it away with his missus. The club retired the number 1 shirt, and the phoenix club followed suit.

They were promoted to the Southern League in the summer, who've told them league rules say they have to have a number 1.

Jesus.

Comment

Southern League 2015-16

Diamonds win the Dale Roberts appeal.

Chippenham and Leamington leading the way in the Premier after five games.

Comment

Southern League 2015-16

Always think Leamington should do well, they're well supported.

Hitchin ninth, exactly where they finished last season. Stability or boredom?

Comment

Southern League 2015-16

Stability Is Regression!

Comment

Southern League 2015-16

Oh I dunno. I love a bit of stability now and then.

Comment

Working...
                  X