Hendon-wards and upwards? Ryman 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfortably clear in second place last season, and missing out to moneybags Margate in the playoff final, is it Hendon's time this year?

With my East Anglian hat on, I'll be interested to see how Needham Market fare in the Premier following their Div.1N title last season.

Staines are the bookies' favourites despite being relegated last season so I assume they're the ones buying it this year.

Comment

I'd like Hendon to do it. Just in time for their move to Silver Jubilee Park.

Comment

Theres a Hendon in Sunderland. I was dragged up in it as most of my family lived there for generations.
        Although a few moved south in the 1930s and settled in the OPs Hendon for no reason other than pure daftness. A lot of their descendents are still there now though the splitters have emigrated to Edgware and Burnt Oak.
        When I first moved down I went visiting and didnt realise the "change at Camden" craic and spent an hour waiting on Burnt Oak station for "my" tube train to come.
        So, yeah, come on Hendon.

Comment

Farnborough may or may not be in this league. We've been asked for a £30k bond given our comical financial track record. The club is appealing. It's all a little farcical; another masterclass in how to win friends with fellow clubs and associations.

Comment

Are we including Isthmian South and North in this? I'm looking forward to Molesey's first campaign at this level for a decade. Lots of (relative) derbies with both Walton sides, Corinthian Casuals, Carshalton and Tooting & Mitcham.

Comment

Yay! We're already spoiling it for people. First two games postponed pending outcome of appeal. Sorry, VCD and Harrow Borough!

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Are we including Isthmian South and North in this?
                I should think so, they fit nicely in, don't they?

Soham Town Rangers of Div.1N are the nearest team to me at step 4 or higher, and could be in with a chance of the playoffs this season.

Comment

Whereas all the Step 4 teams near me are in the Southern League Central.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Are we including Isthmian South and North in this? I'm looking forward to Molesey's first campaign at this level for a decade. Lots of (relative) derbies with both Walton sides, Corinthian Casuals, Carshalton and Tooting & Mitcham.
                    Harry, I've noted the dates of Molesey's fixtures with Walton & Hersham and would be happy to arrange to meet if other commitments allow. 10th October is also the date for FAC 3Q - well, one can dream...

Comment

That is a lovely idea but it's also Bosnia-Herzegovina v Wales in the Euro 2016 qualifiers and Australia v Wales in the Rugby World Cup at Twickenham (the matches are an almost direct clash) so I will be at whichever one of those is most crucial, I'm afraid.

I think that's Non League Day this season too actually.

Comment

Crusoe wrote: Farnborough may or may not be in this league. We've been asked for a £30k bond given our comical financial track record. The club is appealing. It's all a little farcical; another masterclass in how to win friends with fellow clubs and associations.
                        CVA variation approved, bond sorted, hopefully the club can now focus on the season on the pitch. Although we're starting on about minus fifty points of goodwill.

Comment

Crusoe wrote:
                          Originally posted by Crusoe
                          Farnborough may or may not be in this league. We've been asked for a £30k bond given our comical financial track record. The club is appealing. It's all a little farcical; another masterclass in how to win friends with fellow clubs and associations.
                          CVA variation approved, bond sorted, hopefully the club can now focus on the season on the pitch. Although we're starting on about minus fifty points of goodwill.
                          Ha, the League has charged the club for failing to notify them of the CVA variation, and for agreeing a CVA variation which means debts will not be settled in full. The latter was expected, the former not. Either incompetence by the club, or pettiness by the League. Either way it means the bond has been handed over but more matches cancelled. You almost get the feeling the League is trying to force the club to go bust...

Comment

No fine, no points penalty, but the club will be automatically relegated if creditors are not paid in full by the league's 2016 AGM. Given that that means finding £1.2m I think we can see what happens next.

What I'm not clear on is whether if the club is promoted the condition would still apply, i.e. would it carry over if the club won promotion to Conference South?

And if a CVA variation has been agreed with creditors to pay them a smaller chunk of the debt (as has happened) how can the league demand that the debt is paid in full? How does that tie in to the CVA variation?

Comment

Working...
                            X